cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1040 WAP disconnects / will not allow connect

scotton
Level 1
Level 1

I have two Aironet 1040 WAPs, AP1 and AP2, and am getting diconnects as well as it will not let you connect about once a day on AP1. The log reads "Interface Dot11Radio0, Deathenticating station (MAC Address here) Reason:Sending station has left the BSS"

I have firmware updated to current release on both, 12.4(25d)JA

If i reboot after this starts happening connections will be allowed.

Anybody have any ideas what might be causing this particular WAP to be a pain?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok, let's try this.

Under TB_Wireless

no mbssid guest-mode

no guest-mode

no infrastucture-ssid optional (not needed for clients, just for bridging)

Under TaylorBros-Guest

no mbssid guest-mode

guest-mode

Under Dot11Radio0

no mbssid

no dot11 extensions aironet

What we are doing, is removig the mbssid IE from the beacons.  it also limits only the Guest SSID to being broadcast.  Anyone wanting to use the TB_Wireless would need to configure the profile on their device. 

If it doesn't help, you can put the commands back on, I've just seen the mbssid commands cause some issues depending on the clients.

HTH,

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the question as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sam,

What type of device is having this issue?  Are the drivers for the NIC up to date?  Which supplicant is being used?

HTH,

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the question as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It does not seem to matter what device Laptop, IPAD , IPhone. PArdon my ignorance, help me with supplicant?

supplicant is the software used to configure the wireless profile.  So like IntelProset, Windows Zero Config(native windows client) etc.

Can you pull the config from teh AP and attach them so we can see what it looks like?

HTH,
Steve

Aha, with having just the Two WAPs i do not use any additional software to manage/config them. Maybe i should be?  I have attached the config file

Ok, let's try this.

Under TB_Wireless

no mbssid guest-mode

no guest-mode

no infrastucture-ssid optional (not needed for clients, just for bridging)

Under TaylorBros-Guest

no mbssid guest-mode

guest-mode

Under Dot11Radio0

no mbssid

no dot11 extensions aironet

What we are doing, is removig the mbssid IE from the beacons.  it also limits only the Guest SSID to being broadcast.  Anyone wanting to use the TB_Wireless would need to configure the profile on their device. 

If it doesn't help, you can put the commands back on, I've just seen the mbssid commands cause some issues depending on the clients.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

Steve

I uploaded the config file on both WAPs and i cannot connect to them via http. However i can connect to use wireless.

whoops, i uploaded sam config file to both WAPs giving them identical ip addresses. OK, i remedied that and am back up and working. Small panic attack

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card