cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1130 Configuration

technician2
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Cisco Aironet 1130AG Access Point in our Community Centre.

It was originally installed by the County Council, with no security password set.

We were unable to access the AP as the technician who installed it had changed the password from the default, but hadn't recorded it (and has now left).

We therefore did a Factory Reset, which has enabled us to configure the AP. However, there are a few problems:

1) If the AP is re-booted, it loses all the settings;

2) We can't save the Current Startup Configuration;

3) We don't seem to be able to change the default password.

Regards

Adrian Cobley

9 Replies 9

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Is the service compress-config  , enabled?

Where would I find that?

I can't see it under the list of Services.

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Normal once you factory default an ap you can do all those commands ... Can you post the config ? 

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Where do I find that?

Carlos Leiton
Level 1
Level 1

The fact that you can't save the configuration or that it gets deleted after a reboot, points to an issue with the nvram, it might be a hardware failure.

However as George said, paste the configuration to take a look, also issue a show ver and let us know which version are you using.

How do I issue a show ver?

Are you able to get Telnet access, or do a console connection to the AP?

I should be able to do Telnet session. Probably have to wait until tomorrow as it's dinner time in the UK!

Sorry, should have said can you give me the run down of what I need to do then!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: