cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AirOnet 1562 as a bridge

RWalle
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 AirOnet 1562 to be used as a bridge between a electric control panel and a mobile equipment , I'm not familiar with this AP's configuration and want to know if there is a guide for configure such application,thanks for your help 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Do you have a WLC to manage these units ?

Since standalone software is not supported on this AP model, configure it in Mesh mode with a WLC would be the solution

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Do you have a WLC to manage these units ?

Since standalone software is not supported on this AP model, configure it in Mesh mode with a WLC would be the solution

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Thanks Rasika, I'm afraid there is no WLC in the network these AP will be , we are trying to use them as media converter  for a stand alone  point to point connection, that is, connect a fixed to the ground industrial control equipment with control devices mounted on mobile equipment,

Problem is 1562 does not support Autonomous AP images (where you can configured them as point to point bridge), Therefore not possible to use these 2 units as traditional bridge without controller involved.

HTH

Rasika

Rasika, would I be able to utilize my Meraki Dashboard as a WLC?  Or a Catalyst C1000-16FP Switch?

Hi Fred,

With this AP model (1562) you cannot use the Meraki dashboard to provision it. The Meraki portal only with Meraki AP models (MR series)

That switch model can be used to power the AP. Pls refer below datasheet as it lists different powering options

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-1560-series/datasheet-c78-737416.html 

HTH

Rasika

dselfridge
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking to do the same thing, only I'm replacing a customers existing Bridge link based on the older BR1300 models That I installed some 15 years ago and has only now just failed.

Here is a great link on how to do it with 1562's...

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/aironet-1560-series/215027-point-to-point-mesh-link-configuration-u.html

(I know it's an old post, but I figured it'd be useful for others)

Regards,

Dan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card