Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1815i AP configured as Mobility Express keep on rebooting

ibrahim.imad
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have 4 1815i access points configured as ME capable, all except the one elected as WLC are rebooting randomly, the port on the switch (2960x PoE+) is flapping down and up at the same time the AP will disappear from the list of access points registered on the controller.

AP version (ME 8.8.100), the switch is also upgraded to a recommended version.

Thank you

Elie

8 Replies 8

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you check the logs from AP console?  I want to know the exact error except PoE issue!!!

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Console into the AP and post the output to the command "sh version".

elanie
Level 1
Level 1

Beginning Release 8.4, Cisco Mobility Express backings up to 100 Access Points. I have bought a Cisco Aironet 1815i WAPs with the Mobility Express option installed. However, it appears that it is still in Lightweight Mode trying to contact a controller (lights burning through every one of the hues). After setting up IP in the CLI, everything proceeded as it should. Another than it, If you're rendering for MS office 365 support then follow the link MS Office 365 Support. You will get an additional help on how to setup MS office.

Hello,

I tried to connect these accesss points to another cisco switch (2960 24-PC-L  PoE)

The APs remain up and dont go down and up again as on the other switch, it seems there is a problem with this type of switch.

Is there any compatibility issue with the 1815i access points and the 2960x PoE+ switches ?

Thank you

There is no compatibility issue.
Please post the complete output to the AP command "sh version".

I to am having this issue.  I have only 5 1815i AP's deployed.  The "controller" and another AP that are both plugged into the primary switch (HP 1950-24G POE Switch) are not a problem.  My remote AP's are the issue.  They are connected to a couple of DELL PowerConnect 5524P switches.  Does anyone know if the 1815i will work with the 5524 switches.  They seem to work OK when UP but just hang up and restart randomly.  All the Ap's are running v8.8.100 firmware.

lamodey01
Level 1
Level 1

i'm have excactly this trouble too. Should I start a new thread or share here my Console logs?

Thanks in advance!

New thread please and also include information like how it's connected, software versions, ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card