Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1852e Connection Problem

GMaluenda
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I have Cisco Aironet 1852e with Cisco Mobility Express and I have a problem with this AP in my network.

In my network I have 2 aironet 1850e series access points connected and when connecting the new one it is looking for a connection to one of the connected APs.

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-14 at 12.04.52.jpeg

When the AP executes the commands that appear in the previous image the AP does not activate the wireless network and the text of the previous image remains in loop.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You can see the error message in the last line. The AP trying to download the Image from the ME but it is not happening.  The Firmware version mismatch is the issue and here is the complete guide for upgrade the AP firmware using the ME controller.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-2/b_Mobility_Express_Deployment_guide/b_Mobility_Express_Deployment_guide_chapter_01000.html#task_4387C8D3ADCA4D9EA365763A1DA5B2E2

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Thanks for you help, but I could not download this update because I'm not a Cisco partner.

You only need to have a valid Cisco Smartnet contract for one (the Master) AP. Then you are able to download the software. You can also ask your reseller to provide you with the correct software, but I suggest a support contract.
I think there is no other way.

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try these: 

1. Power Off the Master AP from 10 min

2. Then start upgrdaing the 1852e AP via TFTP using the command:

1852EAP#archive download-sw /reload tftp://<tftp server ip address>/<filename.tar>

Make sure that all APs have same image version.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card