Helpful
Replies

All acces point ares same channel 36 with 5 gh band

Dhikra Marghli
Level 5
Level 5

Hello

i have all acces point are same channel 36 with 5 gh band 

i would to know if correcte , it ok for this all  access point  are same channel ? can give a problem or not ?,

please , i would some one answer me for this problem !! and i would what solution if al acces point give e problem !!

thanks in advanced 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

1. DCA must be set to automatic.

2. If APs coverage area are not overlaping then it will not be an issue if they are on same channel. 

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

Also..enable CleanAir:  it will detect and classify interferers.

EDRRM: It  will allow the WLC to change channels and/or lower the power of the AP to minimize the effects of co-channel interference. 

Regards

Dontf orget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Dhikra Marghli
Level 5
Level 5

i would to know if all 26  acces point ares same channel 36 in band 5 gh is Ok or NOT ???????????,

if that is impact the problem so what is the solution that i can do !!!

please i need a help

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Describe you Wifi-architecture , Standalone AP's , controller-based, Mesh , Meraki --- ? Please elaborate!

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Wifi-architecture: infstracture based a controller 3504 cisco and 26 acces point 1815i

two fortigate ( primary and backyp )  as servers DHCP and two router cisco 2921 primary and bacup to network wan

that is hardware 

can you tell me it is normal all 26  acces point are same channel !!

what solution can you give me !!

- Check wether DCA Is set to automatic , should be the default (unless someone tempered with it); also check the thread below :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-and-mobility/controller-places-ap-s-on-same-channel/td-p/2125274

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

it is automatic DCA and other paramter also id by default 

please can you give a team view to chek controller !!

and i would to know if it is normal all acces point in band 5 gh all same channel !!  so what i can check other

thanks 

can you tell me   if it is normal to have  all acces point in band 5 gh all same channel  36  !!  so what i can check other

thanks in advance 

1. DCA must be set to automatic.

2. If APs coverage area are not overlaping then it will not be an issue if they are on same channel. 

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

can you give any information to chek this sitauation and i wait to answer me now beacuse we have in Tunsia event arab 

please help me to know this infastrctre is correct 

thanks in advance 

i need a help 

thanks in advance

Also..enable CleanAir:  it will detect and classify interferers.

EDRRM: It  will allow the WLC to change channels and/or lower the power of the AP to minimize the effects of co-channel interference. 

Regards

Dontf orget to rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card