cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alternative webauth bundle download for 2504 controller

schm196
Level 1
Level 1

Howdy... I have an old 2504 controller that has performed faithfully until... well, recently.  We have an upgrade to HA 3504 controllers coming up within a few weeks (yes, including service contract) but until then I will need to make things happen with an aftermarket 2504 replacement.

Here's the problem:  The backups only have the configuration of the WLC itself, not the webauth bundle that someone else here originally uploaded years ago.  Since the 2504 is EoL there's no more support contract.  Since there's no more support contract for it associated with my CCO ID, you guessed it, I can't download the ancient 2011 files anymore from Cisco.

I'm sure Cisco won't find it to be a terrible violation of any T&C if someone could point me in the right direction to download them elsewhere.  Would anybody be so kind and help me out, please?

Thanks a lot,

Matthias

4 Replies 4

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is the web-auth bundle on the 2504 been customized? or just the default Cisco One?

If it has been customized then unfortunately the only way to get it back, is to effectively browse to every HTML page, image and script and save them, or start from scratch.

If you have ISE you could use it to do the guest portal for you.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

There was only minor customization (it is a passthrough captive portal with logo, T&C, accept button only); I am fine just getting the original sample files that Cisco made available originally and adjust them myself.

No, we do not want/need to use ISE for this, nor do we have it.  Our captive portal simply prevents drive-by associations to our guest/visitor WLAN.

Matthias

is the plan to move these to the 3504 and that's why you need them? Or are you looking to update the 2504 and upgrade it.

If its already been installed on the 2504 you should just be able to edit that

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

The old 2504 died.  The new 3504s won't arrive for another 2 months or so.  In the meantime, I need to survive with an aftermarket used 2504 replacement, which has received my backed up configuration and is working fine for now, except for the missing webauth bundle for my unsecured visitor WLAN with a passthrough captive T&C "accept" portal.

I'll design something bigger/better/faster once the new 3504s are here.  Until then, that's irrelevant.

Mattthias

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card