cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Antennas combination

luislozano
Level 1
Level 1

For a large warehouse, i will offer the AP AIR-LAP1262N-E-K.

My problem is about the number of antennas that i have to buy.

The plan is use the AP with 802.11a, 802.11g and 802.11n, but i don´t know if i have to buy three or six antennas (always about the idea of have the max power). My plan is buy the antennas AIR-ANT2422DW-R=

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

AIR-ANT2422DW-R= is a 2.4 Ghz antenna (hence 24 in the part number), so it only works for 802.11b/g/n. To have wireless onthe 5ghz (802.11a/n) then you need antennas made for 5ghz.

This means you need to buy 3 2.4ghz antennas and 3 5ghz antennas.

Hope this helps !

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

AIR-ANT2422DW-R= is a 2.4 Ghz antenna (hence 24 in the part number), so it only works for 802.11b/g/n. To have wireless onthe 5ghz (802.11a/n) then you need antennas made for 5ghz.

This means you need to buy 3 2.4ghz antennas and 3 5ghz antennas.

Hope this helps !

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have a lot of options. 

If you want a single-unit-only antenna for 2.4 Ghz and 5.0 Ghz then there can only be one candidate,  AIR-ANT2451NV-R.   Read through this document because it will be very useful.  Pay close attention to the vertical and horizontal “footprint” as well as the “do’s and do-not’s” in regards to installation.

Look at the document/link below for more choices, however, I would like to warn you that the 1260 does not support antenna with a gain of higher than -6dBm.   I have a very, very difficult time getting Cisco to update their out-of-sync documentation for the past 6 months.  (Nicolas, maybe you can provide us with some assistance?)

Cisco Aironet 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Antennas and Accessories

Cisco Aironet Antennas and Accessories Reference Guide

Install and Upgrade Guides

Hope this helps your quest.  Please don't forget to rate our useful posts. Thanks.

luislozano
Level 1
Level 1

Many thanks.

My problem is about the number so the model is selected, and it was resolved by ndarchis.

Like i will work with standards b/g/ because i´m from spain, 3 antennes is my number.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card