Views
Helpful
Replies

Any value in buying 1130 AP now?

NetworkReaders
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When is 1130 AP going eos/eol? I have tried searching, but could just find eos/eol for 1130 power supply and not for the AP itself.

Thanks,

Kashish

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well until they make an announcement it's hard to say. I would think that it soon would be. Is it worth buying... If you don't require 802.11n, then maybe it is worth it. You can probably get them real cheap also.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

blakekrone
Level 4
Level 4

I personally don't see value in buying them unless it is to replace an existing 1130 that failed. Like Scott I have to imagine they are going to be EOS soon.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 1130 will not be going EoS/EoS because there are still some market for it (for about two to three years, I guess).  This is because it's one of the most affordable WAP in the enterprise class.

I'm not saying that this model is destined for third-world countries but this particular model is particularly a "favourite" for organization that have no idea what WLAN is and potentials associated with it.

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well until they make an announcement it's hard to say. I would think that it soon would be. Is it worth buying... If you don't require 802.11n, then maybe it is worth it. You can probably get them real cheap also.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

blakekrone
Level 4
Level 4

I personally don't see value in buying them unless it is to replace an existing 1130 that failed. Like Scott I have to imagine they are going to be EOS soon.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 1130 will not be going EoS/EoS because there are still some market for it (for about two to three years, I guess).  This is because it's one of the most affordable WAP in the enterprise class.

I'm not saying that this model is destined for third-world countries but this particular model is particularly a "favourite" for organization that have no idea what WLAN is and potentials associated with it.

You might be right:)  Use the 1130's as OfficeExtend AP's..hehe

-Scott

You might be right:)

Sorry Scott.  I'm not saying that your organization is a tight-a$$.

Thanks everyone for replying.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card