Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 1142N low power

hi

i connected a new Cisco 1142n access points to a cisco 3560E 24 port POE switch. the AP is getting only lower power which is 14.5 but the switch is capable of deleivering 15.4 watts. i checked the console messages in the AP and it is giving the error message 

CDP_PD-2-POWER_LOW: All radios disabled

there is an other same model AP connected to the switch and it is getting full power

please let me know asap because i am in middle of a project

Thanks

Karthik

7 Replies 7

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the AP config, you can go in and tell it that it's getting pre-standard power.  Optionally, you can disable CDP on that port as well.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

are you asking me to login to AP and set a prestandard power

please explain me how to do it

for an IOS AP,

conf t

config power inline negotiation prestandard source

If this is a WLC installation, it's in the AP config

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but in the switch if i type in the command show power inline i see this AP drawing only 14.5 watts..there is another AP connected to this switch which is drawing enough power 15.4 watts

that can happen. Depends in how much power the switch tells the AP is available during the CDP/FLP negotiation

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

hi

can you let me know how to make the controller upgrade the image of a new Cisco AP connected.

On the Cisco switch, please post the output to the command "sh power inline".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: