cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ap 1200 upgrade to ios

sharonsh
Level 1
Level 1

i use the cisco upgrade tool and the vxworks do change to ios.

the real problem is to enter the ap after the upgrade.

i connect trough telnet but the previous username password is invalid.

all my action to enter the device failed.

the next step is reset to default configuration.

is ther an explenation for these problem ?

4 Replies 4

derwin
Level 5
Level 5

Cisco AP IOS default username and passwords are

username: Cisco

password: Cisco

Have you tried them ?? As the tool uses SNMP and the securtity info is not reset via SNMP it relies on the passwords you set on the security window of the tool nso it will be what ever is set there or the default

i tried the pair above but with no success.

the cac also generate a warning or eror but after a hot reset the image loaded an the ap> prompt is on the console .

my wish is to enter as previos to the upgrade for example my own username password configuration

I have had similar problems and I had posted it last month. The CAC tool lacks documentation or its not restoring hte VxWorks configs after the upgrade.

I had tried upgrading few with the CAC and ended up getting up in the celling and connecting the console cable to correct the config settings.

If you want to use the CAC tool,after you download the config ( before the upgrade ti IOS) you have to add the lines User and password and the http server access commands for web-browser access and then continue with the upgrade to ISO.

This seems lenghty if you have upgrade a number of APs.

thank you .

i will try youre suggestion.

i hope cisco will fix this work around.

sharon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card