Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 2702i autonomo (no DHCP)

nstr1
Level 1
Level 1

Hola,

Tengo un AP que converti a AP autonomo el AP tiene una IP fija, ya configure en el un SSID a traves de la config. express pero al conectarme no me da DHCP trate de buscar alguna opcion desde la GUI pero no encuntre nada y desde la CLI configure un scope de DHCP pero aun así los equipos conectados al AP no obtiene DHCP, estuve viendo un video en donde solo basta co configurar el SSID esl equipo obtiene IP.

Tiene algun opcion el AP desde la GUI para proporcinar DHCP ?

3 Replies 3

sudhir.gupta1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nestor,

can you pls share the above content in english, so that we can answer your question.

Rgds/Sudhir

Here is the translated question...

Hello,

I have an AP that converted to stand-alone AP the AP has a fixed IP, and configure on the one SSID through the config. express but when connecting I do not give DHCP try to find some option from the GUI but nothing and from the CLI configure a scope of DHCP but still the equipment connected to the AP does not get DHCP, I was watching a video where only enough configure the SSID esl computer obtains IP.

Does the AP have any option from the GUI to provide DHCP?

Access points cannot provide DHCP.  They operate at layers 1 and 2 of the OSI model and they do not have any DHCP server capability.  If you want your users to connect to the SSID and have connectivity, they either need to have an IP statically assigned, or you need to place a DHCP server somewhere on the network.  DHCP is a broadcast technology, so you either need the DHCP server to be directly on the same subnet as the AP, or you need to forward those DHCP requests via a layer 3 device such as a router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card