Views
Helpful
Replies

AP AIR-AP2802E-G-K9 not stable

meneamgbr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

So the issue here is that we have 7 AP of the model AIR-AP2802E-G-K9 . All APs is working well except one.

I see in the datasheet for AIR-AP2802E-G-K9 that it needs 30 w to operate, however, the switch we are using has PoE ports and provides only 15.4 w. hence, we are using power injectors for these APs

All switchports which the APs are connected to have the same config. and when i type the command "show power inline", All ports connected to the APs shows as

Capture.PNG

However, from time to time, this particular AP goes down and users can't connect to it .and we can see from the WLC that it's connected but operational status is down. in the same time , when i go to the switch,and type "show power inline" i see that now the port which this AP is connected to showing  as Operational and that AP is now getting power from the PoE

What i do then is to bounce the interface (shut then no shut) and everything returns back to normal

I tried replacing this AP with a new one, but still same issue

My question here, is why this AP keep flapping between the PoE and power injector. should i change some settings for this AP ?

I saw some articles having similar problems, some suggested to disable PoE on the switchport. Other suggested to change AP setting from the WLC as per below screenshot

poe-settings

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
It could mean the injector is faulty.

Maybe.but the point is the AP come up as soon as bounce the interface. Seems to be more related to the switchport or PoE settings i think !

Disable PoE on the switchport (power inline never).

Jurgens L
Level 3
Level 3

I’ve had a similar issue where the 2800 AP would bypass the injector and use the switch’s PoE.

Also tried to first fix it via the PoE settings under the AP’s advanced tab with no luck.

Issue was fixed by diabling the PoE on the respective switch ports the AP’s were connected to. Did not bother to log a TAC at that time as the site would get a new switch refresh a few weeks later so I did not get clarification if this was a software bug issue.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Well have you tried to swap PoE injectors and cables to see if the issue follows the injector or the same port? You already replaced the ap, so you have three points of failure you need to look into, injector, cable or switch port.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: