Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP not Registering

All my APs have been functioning well but after power outage one of them won't join the controller. Instead of showing greem light when ready its flicking between red and blue.

What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies 8

ledzepp817
Level 1
Level 1

Are the APs set up for DHCP or do they have static IPs?

Abha Jha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Led blinking RED and BLUE means there is a FLASH file system failure. Here below a link

for your reference. Table 1.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1140/quick/guide/ap1140gsg.html#wp46

If you could get the AP console output to see what's going on

Rasika

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What kind of AP is this?  1140?

Flashing red & blue light means the AP is unable to bootup properly.  It could be in ROMmon.  If the AP is powered using PoE it could be one of the bugs affecting 1140.

If you have a PoE switch, then post the output to the commadn "sh power inline".  Your AP should be UNABLE to negotiate to PoE.  If this is the case, shut down the interface, wait for approximately 5 to 7 seconds and re-enable the port.

Let us know how this goes.  If it still doesn't work, then we need to go into the second step and check TDR. 

Hi Guys,

AP:                     2602i

Controller:                     2504

APs using DHCP to acquire addresses

APs using power adapters (no PoE)

AP in same LAN as controller

In the event that there has been Flash system file failure what is the possible remedy?

Also what is and how do we check TDR?

I haven't managed to get console output but will post it as soon as I get it.

\\Kelvin

Also what is and how do we check TDR?

That'll depend on the exact model of your Cisco switch.

Hi Leo,

I have tried this specific AP on different switches including switch ports where other APs are working fine. It's just this specific one that is misbehaving. With that I would like to believe this has nothing to do with the switch. Tell me if I am right

Ok, how about if you console into the AP?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card