cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP Setup

avilt
Level 3
Level 3

I have procured AP 1852E-EK9, just one AP which I need to setup for local use with WPA.

I have defined MGMT IP, DHCP pool etc and now I can access the AP using the browser but it's not advertising the SSID.

How can I fix it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is no AP entry in your GUI screenshot. I think it's better to reconfigure ME from beginning. You can refer one of the following video tutorials for any help while setting up the ME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zMyH2Drpno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poUc5nh4_ms

Like I said before, make sure you meet the prerequisites before you start the setup.

Please rate if this is helpful

Jagan

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

jagan.chowdam
Level 4
Level 4

Cisco 1852 supports one of the following software versions

Which one are you running? 

Jagan

Please refer the console screen. All I need WLAN network with WPA2 authentication, I only have one AP, no controller.

I can see AP Mode =  FlexConnect

Is it an issue?

Do you have any other controller in your network? 

"You must not have other Cisco wireless controllers, neither appliance nor virtual, in the same network, during set up or daily operation of a Cisco Mobility Express network"

I see a CAPWAP response from 192.168.1.254. Is it a controller?

Also, can you share the following output

show sysinfo

show ap summary

AP mode flexconnect shouldn't be a problem

Hope this helps

Jagan

Hi @avilt

can yo please share the output command "show version"

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

Please find the required info in the attached file

The commands "show sysinfo" & "show ap summary" are from controller.

The output you shared is from AP console (in apciscoshell). I see the AP is  Mobility Express capable. To exit the ap shell, use 'logout'

Once you logout, issue the commands and see if you have an AP entry for "show ap summary". 

Also, make sure you have proper POE+ requirements on the switch for the access points otherwise the radios will be off even though the AP is powering on.

FYI, for Mobility Express deployments, TAC recommends using the 8.5.140.0 or 8.8.111.0 release.

Hope this helps

Jagan

Please find the Sysinfo, I could not get ARP command.

I am using Catalyst 2960-S Series POE+ for powering on the AP

What about "show ap summary" output from controller.

Also, did you check the PoE status from the switch where this AP is connected to? Can you paste the "show Power inline" output from the switch as well.

Hope this helps.

Jagan

Show arp summary command is not available, please advise.
I will provide poe details tomorrow

Its not arp. Its ap. The command is "show ap summary", this will give the list of APs joined the controller.

Alright, I will provide you tomorrow. But please note that this is the only AP I have.

Alright, I will provide you tomorrow. But please note that this is the only AP I have.

Please find the output of AP summary and show power inline.

The rating mentioned/printed on AP are : 48v -380ma

AP Power looks good, however I see no AP joined the controller.

(Cisco Controller) >show ap summary 

Number of APs.................................... 0

Global AP User Name.............................. cisco
Global AP Dot1x User Name........................ Not Configured
Global AP Dot1x EAP Method....................... EAP-FAST

* prefix indicates Cisco Internal AP

In Mobility Express solution, you should see at least one AP entry (for the same AP). Without AP registering the ME (self as an AP) you'll not see any SSIDs broadcast.

Try setting up the ME using the following link and see if it helps. Make sure you meet the prerequisites in this document.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/mob_exp/1/user_guide/b_ME_User_Guide/getg_start.html

Hope this helps

Jagan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: