hakim.salleh
Level 1
Level 1

I need to move from AP from WLCA to WLCB, I have try

#clear capwap private-config

#delete flash:private-multiple-fs

manually configure the new WLCB to the AP

clear all config

but none are working, it keep coming back to WLCA. I saw the log and notice that the AP just don't get to discovery mood. I have Opt 43 configured for the site to point to WLCB

Thanks

Hakim

15 Replies 15

Hi Hakim,

Try the below command & reload the AP. Refer the given post for more detail. Make sure your AP can reach WLCB (if any firewall in between, UDP 5246,5247 to be open)

erase /all nvram:

https://mrncciew.com/2013/03/17/ap-registration/

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

thank you Rasika. I will try that after working hour today and update the result.

there's no firewall between AP and WLCB, it's on the same LAN segment (same broadcast domain)

Thanks

Hakim

Dod you move the ap high availability to wlcb and see if that works? 

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

yes, that was the 1st thing I did, manually move it to WLCB IP and Name

Ok, are you 100% the name and IP matched exactly ? I know its basics, but Ive seen times where they are off because of a type o and it doesnt work. 

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hi George, thank you for you suggestion, I think somehow it help. I try with upper case this time because the system name is in upper case. it works ! thanks !

Crazy right ? Ive had this issue more than once and they need to be exact. Im glad you got it resolved and thanks for the stars! 

still the same.

I notice from the log it did not goes into the discovery mood, it immediately ask to connect to WLCA

*Jul 20 16:06:53.000: %CAPWAP-5-DTLSREQSEND: DTLS connection request sent peer_ip: [WLCA IP] peer_port: 5246

I did

#clear capwap private-config

#erase /all nvram:

Try below on AP CLI

capwap ap primary-base <WLCB_name> <WLCB_mgt_IP>

HTH

Rasika

that was the very first thing I did...

Can you confirm that there is no AP policy on WLCB preventing that AP register to it. 

Also I would assume you have same image version on both controller and  given AP model is compatible with it.

If not sure, pls post "show sysinfo" from both your WLC and "show version" from your AP.

HTH

Rasika

if you talking about "AP Authentication Policy".. no, none were setup

yes, AP model 3702i

WLCA 5508 iOS 8.0.133.0

WLCB 2504 iOS 8.0.133.0

Do your 2504 has enough license ? How many AP already in that WLC ? post the requested output for the sake of completeness, that may give some hint

Rasika

Hi Rasika, the issue solved. I'm not sure which command really fix it, but I think previously I did "capwap ap primary-base.." with WLC name in lower case, I try with upper case now it's working. but I repeat all the clear commands as well.

Thanks for your support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card