Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1131

mruscetti1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I was just given a Cisco AP1131 access point.  Unfortunately we do not have the user name password or any info on this unit.

I would like to bring it back to factory specs and learn how to set it up.

Is there any way this can be achieved?

Thanks

Mike

13 Replies 13

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are many guides available that explain the process.  Here is one:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/1130/installation/guide/1130-TD-Book-Wrapper/113h_c3.html

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the reply

I tried what the guide said but I can not access a web browser page, I keep getting "Page Can Not Be Displayed".  I do not have a console cable so until I get one that option is out. I tried to telnet into

the ap and get "Password Required but none set".

Any suggestions?

You need to really get a console cable to be honest. If you successfully did a factory reset using the mode button, then if you connect to the Ethernet port directly assuming you have an AC adapter to power the ap, the ap ip will be 10.0.0.1. You can't telnet/ssh until you allow it from the console or the GUI. If you can't access the GUI, then try the factory default again. Without a console cable, you are really guessing why it's not working. Get one on eBay or Amazon as it's not expensive. You will need a sub to serial adapter also.

-Scott

-Scott

Well come to find out one of my co-workers had a console cable. I connected it as instructed-did the reset but once booted can not go any where. Tried the Cisco/Cisco user name and password but get invalid login

????

Mike

Attach the output from the console when booting up the AP.

-Scott

-Scott

Well I did what you advised and connected as AP was booting-got to a tr-3019-ap-1 prompt-typed login used cisco/cisco and I think it let me in--I typed logout then when I tried to login with a made up user name and password I got invalid login so I think it let me in.  My question is: could the ap be locked in a manner that it keeps a person from accessing from IE browser?

mike

Mike,

Yes, it is possible to configure the HTTP server to perform radius or local authentication, or HTTP could be disabled and only use HTTPS

If you can access the "enable" mode using that login cisco or Cisco, you can use the command write erase to delete all the config to its defaults, then you can start from scratch.

Well

I attempted the reset accessing the enable command but get a "bad secret"

error-I attempted the web login "Page can not be displayed" --attempted Telenet--"password required but not set"---Have no clue where or what to do now

Mike

Is there any way to delete the image and reload a new image without the passwords??

If you want to factory-default the AP, then go HERE.

Just wanted to say thanks--got this ap to take a new image and was able to access via web and configure---could not have done it without all the help and suggestions

Mike

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Resetting to Default Configuration

If you forget your password that allows you to configure the access point, you may need to completely reset the configuration. You can use the MODE button on the access point to reset the configuration.

Note These steps reset all configuration settings to factory defaults, including passwords, WEP keys, the IP address, and the SSID.
Using the MODE Button

Follow these steps to delete the current configuration and return all access point settings to the factory defaults by using the MODE button:

1. Open the access point cover (refer to the "How to Open the Top Cover" section on page 2).

2. Disconnect power from the access point (the power jack for external power or the Ethernet cable for in-line power).

3. Press and hold the MODE button while you reconnect power to the access point.

4. Continue pressing the MODE button until the Ethernet LED turns amber. (approximately 2 to 3 seconds). Then release the button.

5. After the access point reboots, you must reconfigure it using the web browser interface, the Telnet interface, or the access point console port.
Using the Web Browser Interface

Follow these steps to delete the current configuration and return all access point settings to factory defaults using the web browser interface:

1. Open your Internet browser. You must use Microsoft Explorer (version 5.x or later) or Netscape Navigator (version 4.x or later).

2. Enter the access point IP address in the browser address line, and press Enter. An Enter Network Password screen appears.

3. Enter the username Cisco in the User Name field.

4. Enter the password Cisco in the Password field and press Enter. The Summary Status page appears.

5. Click System Software. The System Software screen appears.

6. Click System Configuration. The System Configuration screen appears.

7. Click the Reset to Defaults button.

Note If the access point is configured with a static IP address, the IP address does not change.

8. After the access point reboots, you must reconfigure it.

gohussai
Level 4
Level 4

Use the mode button to do the factory default and use console cabel to configure it initially.

here is how to do:-

If you forget the password that allows you to configure the AP, you must reset the entire configuration to the factory default. Use these steps in order to reset the AP configuration and assign a new password.

Complete these steps in order to reset the AP configuration:

1. When the power is on, press and hold the reset button.

2. Unplug the power, and continue to hold the reset button for 5 -10 seconds.

3. Plug in the power as you continue to hold the reset the button.

4. Release the reset button.

This procedure applies to almost all models of APs and bridges.

Note: These steps do not recover a password. When you complete these steps, you delete the current configuration and return AP settings to the factory defaults. You also preserve the Installation Key, without which the AP does not function.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card