cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1552H with antenna AIR-ANT5114P2M-N

cpinal
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if it´s possible to use the AP 1552H with the antenna model AIR-ANT5114P2M-N, according to cisco bot are not compatible:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-1550-series/data_sheet_c78-719520.html

But I need a 14dBi antenna, I don´t see any technical restriction so I don´t understand why not I could use this antenna with this AP model

Regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Christian,

The high-gain directional antennas (AIR-ANT5114P2M-N=) are supplied with a pole-mount kit. If you want to directly mount these antennas to the access point pole-mount bracket or strand-mount bracket, you will need the antenna bracket-mounting kit for each antenna.

Please refer the below datasheet for more information

www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-1550-series/data_sheet_c78-641373.html

View solution in original post

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco Aironet 5-GHz 14-dBi 2-Port Directional Antenna (AIR-ANT5114P2M-N)

The Cisco Aironet 5-GHz 14-dBi 2-Port Directional Antenna is designed for outdoor use with Cisco Aironet Outdoor Access Points with radios operating in the 5-GHz frequency band. This antenna has 14-dBi in the 5-GHz band.

This antenna can be installed using the optional directional-antenna mounting kit AIR-CCAMK-1, which allows the antenna to be mounted on the access point and positioned in multiple configurations. For more information, refer to Installing Directional-Antenna Mounting Kits on Cisco 1550 Series Outdoor Mesh Access Points.

For detailed information on this antenna, refer to the Cisco Aironet 5-GHz 14-dBi Directional Antenna (AIR-ANT5114P2M-N) document. Follow all safety precautions when installing the antennas, for information on safety, refer to “Safety Precautions” section.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/1550/installation/guide/1550hig/1550_ch1.html#pgfId-1138034

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi Christian,

The high-gain directional antennas (AIR-ANT5114P2M-N=) are supplied with a pole-mount kit. If you want to directly mount these antennas to the access point pole-mount bracket or strand-mount bracket, you will need the antenna bracket-mounting kit for each antenna.

Please refer the below datasheet for more information

www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-1550-series/data_sheet_c78-641373.html

Thanks a lot  for your information Prakash, I have already read all the information you post in mi question and I have seen that this antenna model is compatible with any Cisco Radio of 5Ghz so the 1552H is compatible according this, I can use it and I have consider the mounting kit you suggested to me.

Regards

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco Aironet 5-GHz 14-dBi 2-Port Directional Antenna (AIR-ANT5114P2M-N)

The Cisco Aironet 5-GHz 14-dBi 2-Port Directional Antenna is designed for outdoor use with Cisco Aironet Outdoor Access Points with radios operating in the 5-GHz frequency band. This antenna has 14-dBi in the 5-GHz band.

This antenna can be installed using the optional directional-antenna mounting kit AIR-CCAMK-1, which allows the antenna to be mounted on the access point and positioned in multiple configurations. For more information, refer to Installing Directional-Antenna Mounting Kits on Cisco 1550 Series Outdoor Mesh Access Points.

For detailed information on this antenna, refer to the Cisco Aironet 5-GHz 14-dBi Directional Antenna (AIR-ANT5114P2M-N) document. Follow all safety precautions when installing the antennas, for information on safety, refer to “Safety Precautions” section.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/1550/installation/guide/1550hig/1550_ch1.html#pgfId-1138034

cpinal
Level 1
Level 1

Thank a lot Mohanak this solve my doubt I think my confusion was because at this document the 1552H model isn´t checked as compatible with the AIR-ANT5114P2M-N antenna.

Regards, I really appreciate you help

sobhardw
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco Systems Aironet AIRANT5114P2MN has been designed for use with Cisco Aironet access points and bridges but can be used with any 5-GHz Cisco Aironet radio device that uses an N-male connector.

Please refer to the below installation guide which has technical specification, systems requirement etc.

www.manualagent.com/cisco-systems/aironet-airant5114p2mn/users-manual/page-3

Please let me know If you have any further questions.

natthidadol
Level 1
Level 1
Hi cpinal,
Please share that you can use AIR-ANT5114P2M-N with Cisco AP1552H ? Because now My phase is POC, i will bring AIR-ANT5114P2M-N with Cisco AP1552H to site survey.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card