cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP340 with 352 client adapter

justinfu
Level 1
Level 1

While working with AP340 and 352 PCMCIA card, I found that I can't get the IP address through DHCP if I use WEP. Then I started checking the statistics in ACU. The value of PLCP CRC ERRORS is accumulating on the fly...After that, I tried to update the frimware of my adapter and reduce the card's power level to 30mW....these didn't have any aid for this problem. If I change my adapter to 342, it works fine with no error count. Any comment?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

jtburgess
Level 1
Level 1

So, do you have two adaptors - a 342 and a 352?

And the 342 works, but the 352 doesn't? (just trying to clarify the details...)

If that's the case, then I'd guess that your 352 doesn't have the right WEP key. Try reprogramming it.

BTW, what version of ACU are you running? [If you haven't upgraded to 5.01, do so. its a major improvement!]

j-kurkjian
Level 1
Level 1

I'm sitting in Cisco's office in the wireless training class.and this exact topic was discussed and answered by a Cisco SE. The radio in the 352 is different than the 340 and are NOT compatable. This would account for all of the errors you are experiencing. Hope this helps.

I have been using a 352 PCMCIA card with a 340 AP for a couple months. We use 128 bit WEP and DHCP and I have no problems. In fact all we buy is 350 series cards and mix all the time, I am checking those errors and they are increasing but not to badly.

jkurkjian
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for the mistake.

JK

mwrobel
Level 1
Level 1

Note, the BR342 and BR352 are NOT compatible (you have to look pretty hard to find that out from the Cisco Documentation, but TAC will let you know... hopefully before you make the mistake).

I have BR342s in place and some BR352s on the way. I have the I/F cards for both the 342 and 352. I will try this out when the BR352s arrive, in AP mode of course.

I have successfully connected a WGB-352 to a BR-342 in AP mode.

Mike Wrobel

Bridges Communications, LLC

mikewrobel@bridgescommunications.net

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card