Helpful
Replies

APs with IOS

kamarale
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We usually use APs 1702 which have IOS.

The newer APs like 1830,1850 I think they do not have IOS anymore, so the config is different.

Am I correct?

And since in several months the 1702 is going to EoL, which "new" APs do we have whit the classic

IOS?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

6 Replies 6

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is no more classic IOS AP(standalone mode ) from cisco. 

Now cisco introduced Mobility express solution (advance or replacement of IOS ).

So you should go with 1830 or 1850 series AP with Mobility Exppress software on it.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The "final" AP that supports classic IOS is the 1700/2700/3700.

Thanks.

And if I go for the 1830/1850 APs I have to use the mobility express, or Can I manage the APs individually from their GUI? I mean with no AP acting as a controller.

Regards.

@kamarale wrote:

Thanks.

And if I go for the 1830/1850 APs I have to use the mobility express, or Can I manage the APs individually from their GUI? I mean with no AP acting as a controller.

There will be no more "autonomous" APs.  Starting with 1800/2800/3800 APs can become mini-WLC when loaded with Mobility Express firmware.

OK,

but I think that I can use them managing them from the GUI as a "standalone" APs (if I order them without the K9C), is that right?

Thank you.

No. You cant manage via GUI if you order without "C".

without C means its a CAPWAP and only can be manged by cisco WLC.

with "K9C" means you can manage AP individually as mini WLC funictionality.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card