Views
Helpful
Replies

Are coverage or Radius Coverage of Aironet 1700/2700/3700

svaldesg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can someone give me some documentation about the area coverage for Cisco Aironet 1700/2700/3700? 

Thanks

Samuel

11 Replies 11

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It depends....

what services are you looking to offer, voice, data only?

is it a high density deployment?

What is the facility? warehouse, office space? what are the walls made of?

there are a lot of variables that can affect the coverage from any given AP.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hi Stephen,

I know that there are a lot of variables that affect the coverage of an AP. I am looking for an approximate or a table where I can get minum, normal and maximum areas o radius coverage.

Here I answer your questions:

1) I am looking for data services only

2) In is a hospital the facility and the walls are made with concrete

Thank you very much!

for a solid concrete, I'd estimate it at 3400 sqft per AP.

Other than that, I don't know of a table that is out there, everything I have is confidential and based on our engineers experience with survey, deployment and troubleshooting.

And you definitely want to have a site survey done, so that you can get an accurate count of the AP as well as placement.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Stephen,

Thank you very much for the answers. 

Best Regards

Hi Steve,

Is that possible to access APs individually with GUI which already joined with WLC

also for configuring RADIUS server is there something to provision on AP side?

could you please give a suggestion. your help would be really appreciable!

thanks,

shihab

Shihab,

There is no GUI for lightweight access point, only autonomous AP's.  As far as radius, what are you trying to accomplish?  User or AP Auth?  There are many docs available on the internet that can guide you through the process. 

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts ***

-Scott

Hello,

As you are saying this is a hospital, I really recommend you to run a proper site survey.

Depending on the requirements, if this network will handle patient care wireless devices or doctors/nurses wireless devices, a correct network design is critical.

Carlos,

Thank you for the advice!

Best Regards

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since there is no documentation on coverage area anywhere, due to the variables you already know, why not just use a planner tool to give you a good estimate. Now this isn't 100%, but it allows you to add variables like walls and building construction. 

-Scott

-Scott

Scott,

Could you please give me more information about this planer tool you are telling me about? Where I can get it? And its manual for using it!

Thanks 

Samuel

sobhardw
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hope below link will help you :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/wireless/buyers-guide.html#~indoorac

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card