cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AT&T 3G microcell setup

royando12
Level 1
Level 1

How do I set up an AT&T (Cisco) microcell to my AT&T 2-Wire gateway along with my I phone 4 and Mac on wifi?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi:  I have two microcells, same location, working together.  The site to activate is:

http://www.att.com/3gmicrocell-activate

You will also need to have login to your wireless account to associate the phones during the setup process with the Microcell.

Additionally, if you have regular, DSL (NOT U-Verse Internet) from AT&T, you will need to associate/register your internet account with the Microcell:

http://www.att.com/internet-usage-MicroCell

so that AT&T will not count internet utilization of the MicroCell towards the 150 GB DSL internet cap (that is being enforced in some, but not all, markets) that AT&T has as part of said DSL TOS.

Hope this helps :-)

James

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I think you need to contact AT&T support and they should be able to help you.

AT&T admitted that they know nothing about the microcell.  Two AT&T techs did not even know what is was.

AT&T admitted that they know nothing about the microcell.  Two AT&T techs did not even know what is was.

ROFL!

GOLD!

Ok, try this:  Open a TAC Case using the serial number of your unit.  Just in case you don't have a valid service contract, send an email to entitlements@cisco.com and have the serial number of the microcell attached to your CCO login.

Well it's pretty new and is currently offered to service provider. I would think you would have to wait a bit until more info comes out.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Well it's pretty new and is currently offered to service provider.

Scott,

This is a DIFFERENT model.  This one is exclusively for AT&T. 

AT&T 3G MicroCell

Cisco 3G Small Cell

Cisco 3G Small Cell Module for Cisco Aironet Data Sheet

Which doesn't make any sense because AT&T is suppose to be the one configuring and installing this.  It's not meant to be sold to end-users. 

Hi:  I have two microcells, same location, working together.  The site to activate is:

http://www.att.com/3gmicrocell-activate

You will also need to have login to your wireless account to associate the phones during the setup process with the Microcell.

Additionally, if you have regular, DSL (NOT U-Verse Internet) from AT&T, you will need to associate/register your internet account with the Microcell:

http://www.att.com/internet-usage-MicroCell

so that AT&T will not count internet utilization of the MicroCell towards the 150 GB DSL internet cap (that is being enforced in some, but not all, markets) that AT&T has as part of said DSL TOS.

Hope this helps :-)

James

Thanks for posting!

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ah... Okay.

-Scott

I know.  I'm as confused as ever!

I'm still thinking this would be for AT&T purchase only... I know providers hate when people bring up their own micocells... Like a rogue AP to us:)

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

I agree with you.  I don't know how the OP landed his hands on one of `em.

AT&T sells these in their retail store and they are also sold on E-bay.  But no one know how to set them up.

CSN 150184499

MAC 4844872D51DE

Hi Richard,

That's correct.  I believe that when AT&T sells them it's already pre-configured.

I don't know how to get those configured other than to raise a TAC Case with Cisco or taking it to the AT&T shop and asking them for assistance. 

The microcell info is:

CSN 150184499

MAC  4844872D51DE

S/N  484487-0001491824

How do I open a TAC case?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: