Views
Helpful
Replies

BAD TLV ENTRY

driver_288
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have a problem getting 2 1832is to talk to each other... They are both K9C controller capable mobility express App with the same software version 8.3.x. One is set up as a controller and has a fixed IP for the controller part and DHCP for the AP part. second one is joined to the same network and subnet. DNS CAPWAP discovery is used with a DNS record pointing to the controller fixed IP. I can see in the console of the connecting AP that it sends out a CAPWAP request and get an answer from the controller IP. it then starts DTLS setup. this is most of the times followed by a DTLS Teardown and a new discovery is initiated. But occasionally the process continues and I get CAPWAP Status: Join. I can see that it connects  to the controller but before the process is done and root should occur I get BAD TLV Received followed by a packet was received that caused the connection to close and everything starts over again...

I have tried different cables and switch ports, no change... the only thing I can think of is that the switches are L2 but not L3 capable and also non managed. I told the customer that they need to get a managed L3 switch since they want to enable the guest network, but I didn't have one to test with.

Does anyone have an idea or have seen this before?

/Hasse 

3 Replies 3

ruimartins1000
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Did you come up with something? I'm experiencing the same with a small setup of 3 1832's with ME in version: 8.3.112.0

Today we've set the following:

Enabled CleanAir RRM
Disabled lower Data Rates.
Disabled Green IT stuff from Cisco Switch.
Passed the Power Inline config to Critical in the Switch.

Start monitoring the solution again.

I'm having the same issue here.  Any ideas on what could be the cause and possible solution?

we have upgraded to 8.3.121.0

and we had a lot of Interferences. On 5GHz we've found a radar detection that would make the radios reset and go through negotiation again...

good luck,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card