Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

c9800 Flex connect vlans help!

Hi All,

I am migrating a 5508 with Flex connect AP's at multiple sites to c9800cl.  Many AP's are connected to non-trunk ports with 'switchport access vlan X' and in the WLC those AP's/Flex groups have 'vlan support' unchecked, with no native vlan or vlan/mappings' set at all.  Basically all traffic ends up using the access port VLAN X at each site.

It seems I must enter values in the Policy/Flex profiles and haven't found a way to just uncheck 'vlan support'.  What is the easiest way to do this on the c9800?

Policy Profile - VLAN = ?   (do I have to set to VLAN X?)

Flex Profile  - Native VLAN ID = ?  (do I also have to set to VLAN X)

Flex Profile - VLAN tab =  (do I need to create VLAN X?)

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
This is the document that I have used to deploy FlexConnect on a 9800-L

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/213945-understand-flexconnect-on-9800-wireless.html#anc8

Since your AP’s are on an access vlan, that is what you would put as your native vlan.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Tobias Heisele
Level 1
Level 1

Policy Profile - VLAN-NAME --> just a parameter, no relation to vlans on the c9800 (see Flex Profile below). Could be "Policy1sFlexVlan"

Flex Profile  - Native VLAN ID = x --> it can be the same than on the switch, but since it is untagged, choose whatever you like

Flex Profile - Mapping from VLAN-Name (from Policy Profile i.e. "Policy1sFlexVlan") to VLAN-ID x (when identical to native vlan id, packets will be untagged. Again - no need to match the switch access vlan id (but better for troubleshooting)

HTH

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card