cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9800 HA to a in production C9800

Jerry Lemke
Level 1
Level 1

Currently we have C9800-40 running 17.2.1a in production and working.  We just received the HA controller and I need to get them setup as an HA pair.  It appears that forming the pair will wipe out my current configuration on the production controller.  If I take a backup of the production controller will I be able to just do a restore after they are paired?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I don’t think it will wipe your config on the primary. You can always and should take a backup as it would be easy to restore. You only need to get the secondary up with basic connectivity and set the chassis priority. The SSO guide explains this in detail.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I don’t think it will wipe your config on the primary. You can always and should take a backup as it would be easy to restore. You only need to get the secondary up with basic connectivity and set the chassis priority. The SSO guide explains this in detail.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Rafael E
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As Scott mention configuration should not be wipe out your current configuration. If that is the case I would collect the console logs and open a SR. 

Saludos,
Rafael - TAC
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card