cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling on real word Cisco CMX users

DAVID
Level 3
Level 3

I'm reaching out to this community in hopes that I can contact an actual user of CMX Connect, Engage, Presence and Locate services whether you are using CMX in the cloud or on-premise. I am a senior network engineer for a large retail organization with locations across the US from stores in major shopping malls, strip malls, to free standing locations. We have an opportunity to deploy CMX in a test store to validate and test its analytics and ROI as well as ease of use.

I am wanting to learn from you lessons learned, gothchas you encountered, deployment, etc. Some of the wireless infrastructure that I am working with is 3702i access points with the

hyperLocation Antenna Array and a RM3010L
module running

Flexconnect, Cisco 5520 WLC running 8.5.x and CMX Presence 10.4.1-15 and CMX Locate 10.4.1-15.

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi David,

Couple of things I found with CMX is:

First work out the use case that your trying to answer from a business prospective. From this you will be able to answer the question around that accuracy you need to be able to answer that question.

Then make sure the wireless design meets that.

I would CMX data over to business analysts as they will be the best to make the decisions of what to do with it.

Lessons learnt:

Wireless Design and AP placements on maps is important if using CMX location, the better the design and the accuracy of placing them on the map makes a big difference.

Use the APIs to pull the data from CMX and then use that to enhance the data with other data sources.

cheers

Haydn

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Yes I do have experience with AP placement and design.  What I am looking for is that someone who has actually designed, installed, configured CMX in a retail environment.  For example in a store in a typical shopping mall, our CMX Presence using the default signal strength threshold CMX will actually count a shopper at the kiosk outside the store as a shopper inside the store or even a store next door or across the hall.  Even when the setting are adjusted to distinguish between a passerby, visitor, or ignore I still question how accurate the numbers really are. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card