cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can a single Access Point support both bridge mode and Access Point mode at the same time

syed_quadri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

Does anyone know which access point can work in both bridge mode and AP mode ?

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Those are really the only option for you for that design. You can use an indoor ap, but you would have to keep the ap inside and cable to an external antenna at each location.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If its dual radios and autonomous you can. You can bridge one radio and use the other for client access.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Hey Scott

Thanks for your help.

Autononmous means you cannot control them using wireless controller ?

Do you suggest any outdoor AP that can do this ?

Cheers

Well what are you trying to cover. If its really a large outdoor area, then look at the mesh AP. Those require a WLC. Autonomous or stand alone ap can perform bridging on one radio and client access on another. You can also look at AP that support indoor mesh that also controlled by a wlc. If your putting APs outdoors, then look at the outdoor mesh.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Hi Mate,

I am deploying this at a Motel which has 15 dongas most of them have 3 rooms; total of 36 rooms. . Area is 4000m. I was initially looking for an mesh network; but could only find 1500 series that can do mesh and these are expensive. Do you know if there is any other outdoor AP that can work as mesh network.

Cheers

Those are really the only option for you for that design. You can use an indoor ap, but you would have to keep the ap inside and cable to an external antenna at each location.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Thanks Scott

I will either design the solution with mesh network or use indoor AP's with external antennas.

Cheers

You can use 1240 or 1250 autonomous AP in workgroup bridge mode. Using workgroup bridge u can connect to the WLC and other interface can be configured as root so this will provide you an option to server the clients as well as manage them using your WLC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: