cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we do redundancy in Cisco virtual wireless controller and how. I am using version 8.3.143

um1
Level 1
Level 1

Can we do redundancy in Cisco virtual wireless controller and how. I am using version 8.3.143

5 Replies 5

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI,

nee dto vWLCs..

you will need license on both vWLC. It will be normal AP license.

HA AP SSO isn't supported on the vWLC. You can have two vWLC doing redundancy with high availability configured on the AP.

Regards

Thanks Sundeep.

is there any version restriction. as per cisco documentation its only supported from 8.4 and above. my client is using 8.3.143 and not possible to upgrade it at this time.

Also, after configuring seconday controller in the HA tab, what is the best possible way to migrate the WAPs to secondry vWLC ?

As per my knowledge, you dont need to be on 8.4 version. It should also work with 8.3.143.0.

Also, after configuring seconday controller in the HA tab, what is the best possible way to migrate the WAPs to secondry vWLC ?

configure primary /Secondary WLC IP in AP HA tab and additionally, add both WLCs to each others mobility group as per this post:

https://rscciew.wordpress.com/2014/07/10/mobility-configuring-on-wlc/

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Ho Sandeep thanks for quick response. i will try with the 8.3 and AP HA tab.

The link you have give is in regards to mobility. Will that be required given my scenario. Isn't configuring Primary/Secondary on WAP HA tab be enough for the WAPs to failover in case primary is offline ?

Yes it will be required. AP will not move to a controller that is not in the same mobility group as its current controller if that controller fails.

http://what-when-how.com/deploying-and-troubleshooting-cisco-wireless-lan-controllers/mobility-groups-cisco-wireless-lan-controllers/

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card