Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Can we have multiple WLC HA Pairs in CUWN Wireless OTT Network Design?

Hello Experts,

Of the two available options listed below for the Wireless Integration in SD-Access, I need to proceed with CUWN Wireless Over the top.

1. CUWN Wireless Over The Top (OTT): SD-Access Fabric is just an IP transport network and wireless is a pure overlay
2. SD–Access Wireless: wireless is integrated in SD-Access and can leverage all the advantages of Fabric

Concerns:
1. In SD-Access Wireless solution, we have a limitation that we would be able to integrate only one WLC HA pair.
2. However in CUWN Wireless OTT, I need to integrate multiple WLC HA pairs.
I need to know will there exists any limitation on the WLC HA pairs that could be integrated in CUWN Wireless OTT with SD-Access (Fabric as just the overlay)?

Everyone's tags (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Rising star

Re: Can we have multiple WLC HA Pairs in CUWN Wireless OTT Network Design?

the design document does not include multiple HA-pairs.

it does allow for N+1 redundancy, but with this limitation

N+1 redundancy is not automated through DNAC 1.1, the support for this functionality is in the DNAC roadmap.

But on multiple sites, multiple WLC(pairs) must be used.:

• Fabric enabled WLC needs to be physically located on the same site as APs (initial release doesn't support APs to be deployed across a WAN from WLC)

Note

WLC and APs need to be within 20ms of latency, usually this mean same physical site.

Beginner

Re: Can we have multiple WLC HA Pairs in CUWN Wireless OTT Network Design?

If you're not integrating into the fabric and you're going to manage the WLCs outside of DNA-C, there should be no restriction. Switchports in the fabric where your APs connect will be configured as standard User/Device ports so you'll be using Local-mode APs.

The latency restriction is only for when the WLC/APs are fabric-enabled. Be careful with MTU though.

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards