cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we have multiple WLC HA Pairs in CUWN Wireless OTT Network Design?

Muhammed Adnan
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Experts,

Of the two available options listed below for the Wireless Integration in SD-Access, I need to proceed with CUWN Wireless Over the top.

1. CUWN Wireless Over The Top (OTT): SD-Access Fabric is just an IP transport network and wireless is a pure overlay
2. SD–Access Wireless: wireless is integrated in SD-Access and can leverage all the advantages of Fabric

Concerns:
1. In SD-Access Wireless solution, we have a limitation that we would be able to integrate only one WLC HA pair.
2. However in CUWN Wireless OTT, I need to integrate multiple WLC HA pairs.
I need to know will there exists any limitation on the WLC HA pairs that could be integrated in CUWN Wireless OTT with SD-Access (Fabric as just the overlay)?

2 Replies 2

pieterh
VIP
VIP

the design document does not include multiple HA-pairs.

it does allow for N+1 redundancy, but with this limitation

N+1 redundancy is not automated through DNAC 1.1, the support for this functionality is in the DNAC roadmap.

But on multiple sites, multiple WLC(pairs) must be used.:

• Fabric enabled WLC needs to be physically located on the same site as APs (initial release doesn't support APs to be deployed across a WAN from WLC)

Note

WLC and APs need to be within 20ms of latency, usually this mean same physical site.

craig.beck
Level 1
Level 1

If you're not integrating into the fabric and you're going to manage the WLCs outside of DNA-C, there should be no restriction. Switchports in the fabric where your APs connect will be configured as standard User/Device ports so you'll be using Local-mode APs.

The latency restriction is only for when the WLC/APs are fabric-enabled. Be careful with MTU though.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card