cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can you break out of configuration wizard on cisco 5508

thefranmanatt
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to come up with a standard way to configure controllers for my field guys.  I'd like to just have them paste in a config that has all the settings, like we use to be able to do on aIOS.  I am not seeing away to break out of the wizard so that they can just paste in a config.  Do you have to go through the wizard in order to get to a CLI?

CCNP - Wireless
CWNE #136
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yeah you can't break out. If you do the auto install, you need to make sure you have a trailing space after each command. When I use it, I use one of names that it looks for in the broadcast. So when you boot, just make sure the interface is in the same subnet as the tftp server. It will eventually do the auto install.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes, you have to complete the wizard before you get a CLI.

But if you do that the same way everytime, then have them load your 'base config' it should all work out.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

By break out I mean exit the wizard without going through it.

CCNP - Wireless
CWNE #136

Yes... Power off the WLC.

-Scott

And then kick the NCS???

CCNP - Wireless
CWNE #136

During the start of the wizard, it'll ask you if you want to use the wizard or not.  This is how you break off.

To load, someone'll have to configure some details in otherwise you can't reach the controller.

The fastest way is upload the config via the Service Port.

You configure the service port (via CLI) to have an IP address of 192.168.0.2 255.255.255.252 and your laptop will have an IP address of 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.252.  You also need to configure the username/password for the WLC and HTML into the controller and pull down the config from the laptop.

Web Server:    CLI: ok

Secure Web: Web Authentication Certificate not found (error). If you cannot access management interface via HTTPS please reconfigure Virtual Interface.

License Agent: ok

(Cisco Controller)

Welcome to the Cisco Wizard Configuration Tool

Use the '-' character to backup

Would you like to terminate autoinstall? [yes]:

AUTO-INSTALL: starting now...

rc = 0

AUTO-INSTALL: interface 'management' - setting DHCP siaddr ==>

I am not seeing where to break the Wizard just the autoinstall.  Even if you hit "-" to go back.

I have DHCP and TFTP running on the core switch.  I guess I 'll just let it autoinstall a base config with standard settings and then have the tech log in and paste in the different settings per controller.

I was hoping to build configs that could just be pasted in.  This how I have configured Cisco gear for years.  I can't wait until IOS controllers become the normal.  I hate the CLI on these controllers.

CCNP - Wireless
CWNE #136

I must've been mistaken.  I initially thought you could during the openning question.

I like the CLI on the Aerospace OS as it's not very complicated.  It does look like CatOS. 

Yeah you can't break out. If you do the auto install, you need to make sure you have a trailing space after each command. When I use it, I use one of names that it looks for in the broadcast. So when you boot, just make sure the interface is in the same subnet as the tftp server. It will eventually do the auto install.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: