Replies

Cannot Access Cisco 5508 WLC from GUI

MPuyales20
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Support Community.

Equipment

Cisco 5508 - 8.0.121.0

I am having an issue when accessing my clients WLC via GUI.

It was installed April 2016.

I can access it before via GUI (HTTPS).

But now, I can't access the Cisco WLC Login page.

I am using Internet explorer 11.

Tried using Mozilla also, but I still cannot access the Login page.

I can ping the IP address of the controller.

Please help.

Mark P.

23 Replies 23

MPuyales20
Level 1
Level 1

This is the message in the browser

"This page can't be displayed

Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting to

https://<ip address of WLC> again. If this error persists, it is possible that this site uses an unsupported protocol or cipher suite such as RC4, which is not considered secure. Please contact your site administrator."

Please help.

Mark P.

I've seen this issue before and I've posted this solution in one of this thread. 

As far as I'm concerned, this is not a Cisco issue.  This is a setting with the browser.

Try a different computer OS.

Hi Leo.

Yes I can SSH.

Addition toLEO....

Check if LAG is enabled or disabled on WLC, also check port-channel is correctly set on switch or not. I also faced the same problem earlier.

Try to remove LAG or Port-channel and try again.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Hi Sandeep.

LAG is disabled and there is no Port-Channel configuration on the switch.

Additional info.

The WLC is located on the client's remote site. 

I am trying to access it on the client's HQ.

The WLC is accessible via GUI when I use a desktop at the remote site, but inaccessible via GUI when I use a desktop at the HQ site.

Although like I said, the WLC was previously accessible at any site of the client.

Right now, Ping and SSH are successful.

hi,

could you use google chrome instead?

Haven't tried.

I'll do check.

Any other suggestions? Thanks

I believe that I'm seeing the same issue. Did you ever get this resolved?

Thanks

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco 5508 - 8.0.121.0

Pffft.  This firmware is potentially a problem.  I'd upgrade. 

Can you console into the appliance?

daniel.keith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am having the same problem right now, I can access the controller fine from the same VLAN but not from any other VLAN. Did you ever resolve this issue? I've checked gateway, subnet mask, firewalls, ACLs, I also have 2 other controllers on the same VLAN and I can access them from other VLAN's fine.

So you have three controllers on the same vlan and two of them work fine and the other one doesn't?  Is that correct?  Seems like if you verified the controller information and you still are unable to access the controller from another vlan at that location, its either some ACL, which you have checked, or possible have you tried to reboot the controller, tired to upgrade/downgrade code unless you are using the same WLC model and code of your existing.  Just trying to eliminate things:)

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Yes, two work fine from anywhere in side our LAN via HTTPS or SSH, the third I cannot access it any longer and it worked fine before. I've rebooted the controller several times and re-loaded the same IOS version, I haven't tried upgrading or downgrading the IOS version...yet. Right now all the controllers are on 8.2.141.0. I have three other controllers at another site and no issues with them and one 8540 at another campus with no problems accessing it. All controllers use 8.2.141.0 currently. I've had others in my team try accessing the controller as well with no luck from other VLAN's. As long as I'm on the same VLAN as the controller, which is reserved only for network devices, I can access the controller fine via SSH or HTTPS.

seem to be routing/WLC-acl/L3 acl or FW.
are out of band ip config overlap with any in-band vlan/subnet ip config.
quickly enable http and check, if its allowed from intended source network towards WLC's mgmt.

HTTP and HTTPS is enabled on the controller and I can access it both ways when I'm on the same VLAN, but not from a different VLAN.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card