Replies

Cannot Access Cisco 5508 WLC from GUI

MPuyales20
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Support Community.

Equipment

Cisco 5508 - 8.0.121.0

I am having an issue when accessing my clients WLC via GUI.

It was installed April 2016.

I can access it before via GUI (HTTPS).

But now, I can't access the Cisco WLC Login page.

I am using Internet explorer 11.

Tried using Mozilla also, but I still cannot access the Login page.

I can ping the IP address of the controller.

Please help.

Mark P.

23 Replies 23

Well its working... it seems like something on the network is blocking.  The WLC is just a L2 device unless you specified some CPU ACL on the controller.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

That's what I thought, but we don't use ACL's on that VLAN since we access it from across our network for all our network devices. I've had other members of my team try and they can't access it either from other VLAN's and they don't have firewalls enable on their laptops/PC's. There is no local controller ACL either.

Are mgmt via dyn interface enabled on wlc.
Are we accessing from source vlan that's not part of WLC's dynamic interface ie., L3 vlan that is not defined in WLC.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-4/configuration/guides/consolidated/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED_chapter_010110001.html

I have issued the command on the controller CLI. It didn't help either. I can ping the controller from the other VLAN's I just cannot access the GUI or CLI from them.

Let's try to access using dynamic ip to access gui instead of mgmt. ip of wlc

Ok, I created a dynamic IP interface and I'm still not able to access it from another VLAN.

Using wireshark, can we span wlc uplink port and at each hop to check, if we receive tcp request and response.

I finally figured out the problem, I had setup some interfaces before to use with my bridging AP's, it turned out the networks I used were the ones conflicting with my PC blocking me from connecting to the controller. Funny thing is I don't remember having any problems connecting before, something must of changed elsewhere, but at least now I figured out what the cause was. Thanks everyone for your help.

jkilleda
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Mark,

There might be a problem with the compatibility mode of the internet explorer.

Configure a static entry that compatibility mode shouldn't be activated

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card