Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot connect to Wifi username and password required

JackerNils
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have got problems with Cisco Anyconnect.

While I try to connect to a Wifi-network that requires a username and password I get stuck. How can I connect to a network with a username and password?

The wifi is from the company: https://cat.eduroam.org/

And the Safety-type is: WPA2-Enterprise

I hope I am right in this forum and you can help me!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ah you mean to use the network management feature of AnyConnect to connect. You don't really need to use this, you could use your operating system utility to connect. For AnyConnect please ask the person/company that has provided you with the software.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

having supported UNIs in the past there help desk is normally really good at being able to help people get connected.

You will need to make sure you are using a valid university username and password using WPA 2 Enterprise

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Please contact the ServiceDesk of your university where the account is from.
In general, username = username@domain.tld
Passwort = password for that account

You can also use the CAT installer (if there is one for your university where you are inscribed to) in case the university uses something else than PEAP.

The problem is I dont have any possibility to type in my username. Because Cisco except only a password for the WiFi Connection.

Where to put the username?

Ah you mean to use the network management feature of AnyConnect to connect. You don't really need to use this, you could use your operating system utility to connect. For AnyConnect please ask the person/company that has provided you with the software.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card