cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot get AIR-AP1852I-E-K9 to work on WLC 2504

AlexPi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All, I am trying to get a Cisco AIR-AP1852I-E-K9 to work on a Cicso WLC 2504 (software version 8.0.133.0). The WLC can see the Access Point which gets the correct IP, but it has been stack at Operational Status: Downloading for the past 24 hours... which is clearly not right. I have added 26 other device to the said controller with no issues up to now, but this is the first AIR-AP1852I-E-K9. The controller has enough licenses and I have already rebooted the Access Point twice. Also on the Switch side the trunk port configuration is identical to the other 26 ports that are used to connect the rest of the APs we use. I can also see as I said above that the AP get an IP as it is supposed to. Anyone has seen this before? Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------
If this was helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking on the star icon below.
-------------------------------------
2 Replies 2

Mikey Boy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, the 1852 is not listed as supported under your code level. The compatibility matrix shows it is first supported in AireOS version 8.1.111.0. Please see below link.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

Regards

Well that explains it!

I did not even check for that detail....

I will have to do the update on scheduled downtime, but at least the FUS is on version 2.0 so I can go even beyond 8.3 with no issues.

Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------
If this was helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking on the star icon below.
-------------------------------------
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card