Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot reach Internet when use AP 1852

Hi all,

I have a AP 1852 CAPWAP, I already change Cisco Mobility Express with the version: AIR-AP1850-K9-ME-8-10-105-0. I have the network diagram:

ap.png

- When I connect the laptop or mobile device to SSID: AP_Draytek, I can connect to GUI 1852 AP with the address https://192.168.2.5, and I can go to the internet. From laptop I can ping the 1852 AP, draytek,...

- When I connect the laptop to SSID: AP_01, my laptop can get IP address, SM, Default Gateway, DNS,... from DHCP Server Cisco1852 AP (I already config on 1852 AP by Cisco Mobility Express), but I can't ping 1852 AP (192.168.2.5) or Draytek (192.168.2.1), I can't go to the Internet from SSID: AP_01

What's my Problem?

Thank you for your reading and answering!

4 Replies 4

pieterh
VIP
VIP

>>> my laptop can get IP address, SM, Default Gateway, DNS,... from DHCP Server Cisco1852 AP  <<<

- you use the subnet 192.168.11.x on wifi side of the Cisco AP.

->  does the Cisco AP behave as a normal router? or does the Cisco AP use NAT? 

-> if router you may need to configure the Draytek with the route back to the Cisco

OddievenInc
Level 1
Level 1
As per my understanding, AP's are Layer 2 devices. Therefore can't perform IP NAT nor Routing. Ideally the AP with the SSID AP_01 should be in the same subnet of '192.168.2.0' Or you may come up with the different network plan to support Routing.

@ OddievenInc

>>> Therefore can't perform IP NAT nor Routing. <<<

This is definitively wrong for many brands of AP's

By default they are in routing mode and you need to manually configure bridge mode to function as Layer2 device.

an AP can function as a  DHCP server to the wifi-network,  while function as a DHCP-client to the LAN network.

as such they can be configured to route the original IP address to the LAN

or perform PAT/NAT to present the LAN address instead of the original address to the upstream router/modem

Apologies for the confusion. But I was referring to Cisco Aironet APs
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card