cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 9100 licenses

bredell
Level 1
Level 1

I've desperately tried understanding the licensing of the AP in the 9100 series without success.

I need a new AP for use in a home office. Nothing special but it needs to support Wifi 6 with AX and WPA3. I also need support for at least 9 SSIDs with mapping to VLANs. This will be one single AP. So I've been looking at the C9120 and C9130.

Both of these APs need a controller, it seems I can't run them without one. So I'm looking at the C9120I-EWC-E and the C9130AXI-E, both of these have an embedded controller. So far so good.

Do I need to have a DNA license? From what I can see the features included in the various DNA licenses are of no use to me. Can these access points be run without a DNA license? Do I need any other kind of license?

How are software updates handled? There doesn't seem to be Smartnet licenses anymore. Do I need a DNA license in order to get firmware updates or are these included?

The DNA licenses are really confusing me.

/Mats

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I believe with the 91x0 access points you can’t opt out of dna licenses. So just choose the cheapest one. The EWC is your best choice however for what you want to do at home.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: