Views
Helpful
Replies

Channel 20 and 26

jegan_rajappa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Did anyone seen channel 20 and 26 in 802.11a/n/ac radios ?

It looks wired !

Channel 20 and 26-.png

6 Replies 6

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What country codes do you have enabled on that WLC.

I cant find any record of those channels in any of the major regulatory domains. Is it listed in the list of channels with the check box next to them?

I am guessing this is a bug on the WLC, what version and model are you using

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

This is 2504 WLC with 8.3.150.0 code, Country is Mexico (MX)

Channel 20 and 26 is not listed in checklist.. but it appears in text box as shown in screenshot.

I am also seeing same issue in 8.3.143.0 code..

Hi @jegan_rajappa 

Really weird, this is the output on my 5520 with MX country code and I don´t see channel 20 or 26. My WLC is 8.3.143

Regards.

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

here is my output.. 

Show country channels.PNG

Hi @jegan_rajappa 

I see but that is for 4.9 GHz Band remember that 5GHZ band range is from 5180 to 5825.

Now the 4.9Ghz band in Mexico is legal and we use it for security objetives, like videocameras and son on. We have an institute called IFT similar to FCC who approved the use of this band. If I remeber well, it was last Octuber. So its normal you can see this channles, here my output of 4.9GHz Band.

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"

*Tu reconocimiento nos alienta a seguir participando en los foros *

@jegan_rajappa 

By the way I founf this Link.

It comes from proxim website it says is a channel planing for 4.9GHz Band called "Public Safety band" it looks that FCC is allowed this channels too.

*Tu reconocimiento nos alienta a seguir participando en los foros *

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card