cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2100 Series Controller, configure mutiple DHCP

gnicklaw
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 2100 controller with 4 wireless AP's, only one connected directly to the controller. I want to use the controller for the DHCP server for Guest, thermostats, in house wireless networks on this system. I cannot seem to get the DHCP setup properly to assign an address according to the SSID they sign into.

Thanks

GJN

4 Replies 4

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

You have posted your question in the Small Business Section. I think that you would get a better response by asking your question here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/wireless-mobility/begin-wireless

None of the Small Business Access Points use wireless controllers, so we can not adequately answer your question.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

Per your suggestion, I have moved the discussion into the Getting Started with Wireless area for Gary so he doesn't need to repost.

Regards,

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business Community Manager

for Cisco Small Business Products

www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

Thanks, wasn't sure how to do it, or if I could.

Eric

Outlook Cisco Signature

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Gary,

On the WLC you will want to click on the CONTROLLER and then select the wired side interface your WLAN is mapped to. On the bottom you will see a section for DHCP Server.

What do you have in that field?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin