Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2602I-Z-K9

matthew gosling
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am looking to install some 2602I-Z-K9 access points (i haven't bought them yet) we currently have one 5508 WLC running on 7.2.x as I understand it from the 7.5.x release notes you need to be on 7.5.x to support the 3602I-Z-K9 AP's (new -Z regulatory domain for Australia).  But I cannot seem to find any information on weather or not i need to be on at least 7.5.x to support the 2602I-Z-K9 access points as well.

Any assistance in this matter will be much appreciated.

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
It's the same for any of the "Z" country code AP's. v7.5 is deferred so you would need to go with v7.6.110.0.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
It's the same for any of the "Z" country code AP's. v7.5 is deferred so you would need to go with v7.6.110.0.
-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Deleted
-Scott

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here's the deal ... Starting from the 702, 1600, 2600, 3700 and the RM3000AC (802.11ac radio module for 3600) and anything forward, you'll need the "-Z" regulatory domains.  

Now notice that the 3600 is still "-N" but the RM3000AC isn't.  I believe there is a little bit of "leeway".  If you purchased a 2600 "-N" by mistake it will work in the same Regulatory Domain of "-Z".  I know because I purchased ten (10) eco-boxes.  "-Z" Regulatory Domain is/can support "-N" Regulatory Domain.  

Go here:  Wireless LAN Compliance Status and look under Table 2.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card