Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3850 and AP2602 Apple Devices can not join wireless network

Anvar Mohammed
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

today i had setup one Cisco 3850 WLC with 2 2602 access points, they had joined WLC after i mad WLC to MC and windows, android clients are working correctly.

but i am facing problems with Apple devices. the security was configured as WPA-2 with PSK, then i remove all security but still Apple devices can not get ip address.

is there any specific configuration required for Apple devices specifically at this model of 3850 switches.

thanks in advance

Anvar 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Viten Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

can you share the wlan config?

show run wlan

are you doing dhcp snooping? where is the dhcp server?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are other devices on the WLAN getting ip addresses ? Did you check to see if the apple device is configured with a static ip address? 

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Are the devices Apple OS X based devices or iOS base devices such as iPads or iPhones? You will want to make sure Fast SSID Change is enabled from Controller > General > Fast SSID Change.

Viten Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

can you share the wlan config?

show run wlan

are you doing dhcp snooping? where is the dhcp server?

hi,

we solve this issue with help of TAC , the problem was DHCP snooping was not enabled, all over the network, we had enabled snooping and trusted ports on all trunk ports and it worked very good.

thanks,

anvar

jdyou_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Apple devices have some wifi problem at 802.11a (5Ghz) but it did not fix ios 8.1.3 yet.

please refer blow url..

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6616665?start=0&tstart=0

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As apple devices normally faces this type of issues you can change the configuration settings of devices under WLC and try once again. It should be able to work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card