cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 4402 controller

radiar
Level 1
Level 1

I am just starting out in the wireless journey and have bought myself a couple of 4402 controllers. one  controller is fine and is running 7.0.116 software.
However my second controller is behaving very strange. I initially had a problem with the images and it would not boot from the primary image. I upgrade the image to 7.0.220.0. I also upgraded the boot loader as well.
now the controller boots fine from the primary image but I have a funny issue, when I browse to the controller I can see all the pages fine. However,  when I try to create a WLAN it only shows me wlan id of 1 and no more. I tried to create the WLAN using CLI and this works fine. However on the controller I can not make any further changes via the GUI. When i click on the WLAN to edit the settings i just get a blank page.
Have you seen this type of problem before? any help would be very much appreciated.

I downgraded to 4.2.205 and it seems to be better behaved and I can edit WLAN without problems.

any  help will be appreciated.

print screen attaced

5 Replies 5

Did you try this in different browsers ? I suspect it is to do with that.

I would upgrade to 7.0.252.0 and check with multiple browsers.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

hi,

thanks for the reply. I tried all of them chrome, IE and firefox.

Also tried going to 7.0.252 but still the same.

Download a new image again, don't use the same one from before, and upload it to the 4400.  I would use the latest 7.0.x and check the MD5 hash prior to uploading to the controller.  Also see if the issue happens with a different laptop just to see.

Also tryo to configure the service port if you haven't and try to see if you use the GUI from the service port, you have the same issues.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi All,

Thank you  all for replying. Tried different laptops and tried to com in via service port still no good.

What I found was that there was something curroupt about the flash which was causing this to happen. I downgraded to 4.2 version and was working as expected. As soon as i got to version 7.0.x it was ginving me problems ( i did check the md5 hash and the software was loading). I then decided to take my working 4402 flash and put it into the faulty one and it all worked!

I then took both flash disks and connected them to my PC. made a binary copy of the good one on to the bad one. This process formatted the bad flash disk and copied all contents from good one on to it. Now i have both working great.

Thanks again for taking time to reply.

Good to hear that & thanks for sharing your solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: