cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 702i ap operational status down

Mike Krasnesky
Level 1
Level 1

hello, I have a 702i access point that will join my 2504 controller (ver 7.6.130.0) ok, I can see it listed and getting an ip, but it's operational status remains down.  I've enabled admin state, reset, cleared the config, and the ap operation status still remains down.  I'm really not sure why.  all my other ap's (1131's, 1042's, 1242's, 2602's) are all connected and working ok...  any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,

mike

10 Replies 10

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the full part number of that 702? Do you have the correct country code?

and how are you powering the AP?

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

hi steve, the ap model is AIR-CAP702I-A-K9, my country code(s) on the controller is us and canada.  the ap in question is set for canada.

the ap is getting power from a 48 port hp procurve poe closet switch.

thanks,

mike

Hi,

Are you using power injector ?

if yes then enable power injector box under specific AP tabs.

Wireless> Access Points >All APs then click on 702IAP , then go to Advanced Tab and check the power injector state box , click on Apply.

Regards

Don't forget to rate helpful posts

as stated in my earlier post, the unit is powered by poe directly from a switch.  other ap's on the same switch are working fine.

Mike - did you ever figure this out? I have the exact situation 702i on a HP Switch. Would love to know what you did to get this working. Thanks

sobhardw
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the access point shuts down, check the power source.

After the access point finds the Cisco wireless LAN controller, it attempts to download the new operating system code if the access point code version differs from the Cisco wireless LAN controller code version. While this is happening, the Status LED blinks amber.

If the operating system download is successful, the access point reboots.

the access point isn't shut down, it's powered on via poe.  the ap has already downloaded the software version from the controller, it's the same between both wlc and ap.  the ap isn't flashing amber, its flashing green.

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Apply power to the access point:

a. The access point is 802.3af (15.4 W) compliant and can be powered by any 802.3af compliant device.

Note The 700 series access point requires a Gigibit Ethernet link to prevent the Ethernet port from becoming a bottleneck for traffic because wireless traffic speeds exceed transmit speeds of a 10/100 Ethernet port.

b. As the access point attempts to connect to the controller, the LEDs cycle through a green, red, and amber sequence, which can take up to 5 minutes.

Note If the access point remains in this mode for more than five minutes, the access point is unable to find the Master Cisco wireless LAN controller. Check the connection between the access point and the Cisco wireless LAN controller and be sure that they are on the same subnet.

c. If the access point shuts down, check the power source.

d. After the access point finds the Cisco wireless LAN controller, it attempts to download the new operating system code if the access point code version differs from the Cisco wireless LAN controller code version. While this is happening, the Status LED blinks amber.

e. If the operating system download is successful, the access point reboots.

For more information please refer to the link-

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/700/quick/guide/ap700getstart.html

a.  yes I know, and the poe switch that is powering it is also successfully powering other access points and voip phones, etc.

The switch that the ap is connected to is gigabit.

b. the led's aren't cycling.  it's slowly flashing green.

the access point is connected and recognized by the controller fine, as stated in my earlier posts.

c. again, as I've stated several times now in previous posts, the power source is fine, and the access point isn't shut down.  it's powered on, getting an ip, I can see it on the controller, its just not "up"

d. the access point has successfully downloaded the software from the wlc and both are running the same software.  this isn't the issue

e. yes

it's pretty evident other than copying and pasting the same info over and over again from cisco's website that's already been answered and addressed several times in my earlier posts in this thread, looks like we are all stumped.  funny thing is, I can plug in any other access point, I've just plugged in a brand new 2602I access point to the same switch, and it is fully operational and works fine...  I have no idea why the 700 series ap's I have aren't working, doesn't make any sense.

Hi,

I have the same issue, with LWAPP 702i connected to a HP 2530 switch PoE+; many other devices like Cisco ToIP  works fine, but the APs are register into the WLC, but their operational status is down.

I have other APs connected to Cisco and 3Com switchs working fine, registered and radios working ok.

Any idea about why these APs not work?

Some information about one of the port where are an AP connected:

CDP neighbors information for port 4

Port : 4
Device ID : AP_C01ST1_1
Address Type : IP
Address : 10.50.216.196
Platform : cisco AIR-CAP702I-E
Capability : Router Trans Bridge
Device Port : GigabitEthernet0.1
Version : Cisco IOS Software, ap1g1 Software (ap1g1-K9W8-M), Versi...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Port : 4
Device ID : 50 06 04 2f 0d a0
Address Type : IP
Address : 10.50.216.196
Platform : Cisco IOS Software, ap1g1 Software (ap1g1-K9W8-M), Versi...
Capability :
Device Port : GigabitEthernet0
Version : Cisco IOS Software, ap1g1 Software (ap1g1-K9W8-M), Versi...

Status and Configuration Information for port 4

Power Enable : Yes PoE Port Status : Delivering
PLC Class/Type : 3/1 Priority Config : low
DLC Class/Type : 0/- Pre-std Detect : on
Alloc By Config : usage Configured Type :
Alloc By Actual : usage PoE Value Config : n/a

PoE Counter Information

Over Current Cnt : 0 MPS Absent Cnt : 0
Power Denied Cnt : 0 Short Cnt : 0

LLDP Information

PSE Allocated Power Value : 2.9 W PSE TLV Configured : dot3, MED
PD Requested Power Value : 0.0 W PSE TLV Sent Type : dot3
MED LLDP Detect : Disabled PD TLV Sent Type : n/a

Power Information

PSE Voltage : 55.0 V PSE Reserved Power : 3.0 W
PD Amperage Draw : 52 mA PD Power Draw : 2.9 W

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: