Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco access point AIR-LAP1142N-C-K9 Not join with WLC 2504

ammar taha
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have new Install WLC 2504 and connected on Cisco Core switch as the following configuration:
ip dhcp pool Test1
network 172.40.0.0 255.255.0.0
default-router 172.40.0.1
dns-server 8.8.8.8
option 43 hex f104.ac2a.000a
!
ip dhcp pool Test2
network 172.41.0.0 255.255.0.0
default-router 172.41.0.1
dns-server 8.8.8.8 
option 43 hex f104.ac2a.000a
!
ip dhcp pool Vlan1
network 172.42.0.0 255.255.0.0
default-router 172.42.0.1
dns-server 8.8.8.8 

And I set the country as GB , but the AP doesn't join to the WLC ?

Best regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

IQ(Iraq) is country code -E.  Your AP is -C.  You must select a country code that supports the model of AP you have.

The AP and WLC must have matching regulatory domains configured.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

David Watkins
Level 4
Level 4

From the Monitor Page of your WLC, look at the Access Point Join statistics.  Do you have anything listed for the failure/error reason?

Based upon your information, if you select GB, you would be adding the -E regulatory domain.  -C domain is for most of Asia.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/access-points/product_data_sheet0900aecd80537b6a.html#Table280211abgnac

Thanks David,

There is no any error,

is there are any show CLI to check the WLC configuration ?

Best regards

If your AP is a -C domain, but your country code is -E (Great Britain), it will not join the WLC.  You need to make sure you are using the appropriate regulatory domain where the Access Point will service clients. 

Dear David,

I check it on the WLC -- Wireless --- Country is the following:

Regulatory Domain 802.11a: -E
                                802.11bg: -E

So what should be select of the country code ? and how I can know the AP domain type ?

Thanks in advanced, 

Your AP is a -C domain. It's in the model type. -C-

If the AP is intended for use within GB, then you would need an AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9 

operating an AP outside of its regulatory domain is not recommended as you may be violating laws and regulations. 

Dear David,

so for my type of AP " AIR-LAP1142N-C-K9", what I should select of the country code ?

Best regards,

Please read the regulatory compliance link I sent for that information. You should only select the country code your APs are intended to operate in. If you have the wrong AP model you need to get the correct one, not select Country Codes that are not intended for your domain. 

Dear David,

I changed to IQ country, but still the AP doesn't join to WLC ?

Best regards,

IQ(Iraq) is country code -E.  Your AP is -C.  You must select a country code that supports the model of AP you have.

The AP and WLC must have matching regulatory domains configured.

Now Is working, thanks

how I Can do roaming on Cisco WLC ?

WiFi Trainers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ammar,

Country code mismatch can just be one of the reasons why an AP fails to join the WLC. There can be other reasons as well which will need to be investigated. Can you please upload the following info:

-->Following debugs from WLC:

1. debug capwap events enable

2. debug capwap errors enable

-->Console output from AP when it is trying to connect to the WLC.

Best Regards,

www.wifitrainers.com

Learn from the Best To be the Best!

Change the way you look at wireless client connectivity forever by registering for this free webinar and also stand a chance to win our Wireless starter kit worth $8000 for free!!

Agreed, more detail is needed but the obvious first issue is to ensure your domains are set accordingly. 

Ammar, I would suggest you collect outputs of the debugs asked above.  It would also be helpful to capture the console output of the AP booting up so we can see what the AP thinks is happening.

Hi David,

Agreed :). Regulatory domain will need to be looked at. Specially based on the info Ammar has provided till now.

Best Regards,

www.wifitrainers.com

Learn from the Best To be the Best!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card