cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Cisco Aironet 1830i Access Point connection issues

Hi Team ,

We are facing few issues with AP's configured in our office .Following are the issues .

1. AP's [ 3 Nos ] are restarting in every 3~4 days gap and while restarting ,all the client's will face network connection issue .
  2. Taking time for connecting to the Mac laptop's . [ Will check for the IP reservation or network search .But no issues in Windows ]
  3. Getting 3~4 % packet drop to gateway if we take 50 ping response . 

Sharing the the spec and configuration details below 

Product ID : AIR-AP1832I-D-K9

Model : Cisco Aironet 1830i Access Point

Current software version : 8.2.151.0

AP's : 3 Nos

AP1 taken as controller and other two are listener .

Please help me with better troubleshooting method we can try for fixing those issues . 

Regards

admin

Everyone's tags (1)
6 REPLIES
VIP Mentor

Re: Cisco Aironet 1830i Access Point connection issues

Upgrade your ME code version to 8.2.170.0 or 8.5.135.0 & test.

Version you running is bit old & not a recommended version

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Beginner

Thanks Raskia for your valuable reply

Hi Rasika

Sure, we will try upgrade of ME code first .From where we get new version files . I have tried to download it from Cisco site but asking for service contact .

Captueeere.JPG

We will initiate the service contact support purchase as soon but is there any option for getting this firmware setup file some where else .

And could you please share best practices we have to follow before upgrade the ME ? 

I mean how to take existing configuration backup  safely ? . and upgrade , restore config methods etc 

Regards

IT Admin

Hall of Fame Guru

@rajesh.n wrote:
  1. AP's [ 3 Nos ] are restarting in every 3~4 days gap and while restarting ,all the client's will face network connection issue . 

This has another implication:  Bad wireless AP placement

The above statement means that wireless is important.  If it is that important, why is there only one AP covering the area?  

Moving forward, do what Reza is recommending and upgrade the firmware of the WLC. 

Next, if the said AP is connected to a Cisco switch, post the complete output to the command "sh interface <BLAH> controll".

Beginner

Thanks Leo for your valuable replay .

We will try ME upgrade first . Could you please help me with comments I have asked to Resk's 

could you please share best practices we have to follow before upgrade the ME ? 

I mean how to take existing configuration backup  safely ? . and upgrade , restore config methods etc 

VIP Mentor

Hall of Fame Guru

Ok, I've got a few tricks.  Let's do the easy ones first.  

Send an email to the Entitlements Team.  Provide (all) the serial numbers of the APs, a scanned copy of the proof-of-purchase and ask them if they can get TAC to publish the ME firmware for 8.5.135.0.  

Let us know how you go.

CreatePlease to create content
Ask the Expert- Webex Hybrid Services Solutions