Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 1832i LED status turns red

Dear Team,

I have a Cisco Aironet 1832i that has been working as expected.

Two days ago the LED of the access point turned red.I have done a reset of the access point using the mode button but it now turns green for a few mins then back to red.The client also claims that the primary controller which is also a Cisco Aironet 1832i is not broadcasting the SSID.

Kindly assist on this.

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

Ref :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/1830/quick/guide/ap1830getstart.html#73252

Boot loader error

Red

Boot loader signing verification failure

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I know that is the error but how do you resolve the above issue?

Open a TAC case and RMA the ap.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Dear Team,

I took out the access point from the client's site and went back with it to the office.

I setup the access point via cisco mobility express and I was able to use it both as an access point and primary controller. What I suspect could be happening is that the access point is trying to join the primary controller and is unable hence the red led status.

You need to look at the output from the console. This should of been done when the ap was still at the client site. That way you can understand what might of been the issue. That would also allow you to compare to what you see now. If you see errors in the console, open a TAC case and rma the device. You probably should open a TAC case anyway while you are trying to determine the issue.
Not knowing what the design was and what was mentioned was that the issue is with one AP? Is the rest of the environment working? We’re you able to login to the master and see clients, etc? Did you verify the switch port setting that the ap was in and try maybe a different port or connect the ap direct to the switch to remove the cable run as a variable?
-Scott

In hindsight I should have checked at the client site.  The other access points( which are also cisco aironet 1830s) are working well.This access point was also working well up to a week ago. I was going through the manual and it says that when its chirping in red that the access point has primed to the wrong regulatory domain.

How would I rectify this since?

Again, look at the output from the console. I also believe since you factory reset the ap, that ap was a universal ap model? These models you have to use a mobile device and a provisioning app to set the country code.
See if this guide helps, but verify that the ap model on the sticker identifies it as a universal ap. Model should have a -UX

Universal AP’s
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-0/AP_Regulatory_Domain_DG/b_universal_AP_regulatory_domain_DG.html

Provisioning UX AP’s
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/ux-ap/guide/uxap-mobapp-g.html
-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: