cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 2700 LED

jeffbohling
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how to disable / turn-off the LED on the top of the Aironet 2700 Series Access Point? My users are complaining about how bright it is. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If it is autonomous simly use "led display off" under config mode. See below

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12038366/disable-led-access-point-autonomous

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Carlos Leiton
Level 1
Level 1

If you go to the WLC Wireless tab, enter the specific AP and go to the Advanced Tab, you will find an option to Enable/Disable the LED:

Hope this helps

Thank you both for the quick answer, but I am using the Aironet 2700 in autonomous mode and cannot find the option you describe. Where would I find it in the autonomous image? Thanks again.

If it is autonomous simly use "led display off" under config mode. See below

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12038366/disable-led-access-point-autonomous

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Thank you very much. This worked perfectly!

adding to Carlos, you can do it via WLC CLI as well. Command syntax is as shown below

(5508-1) >config ap led-state ?

disable        Disables the LED-State for an AP
enable         Enables the LED-State for an AP
flash          Configure the LED-flash for an AP

(5508-1) >config ap led-state disable ?

all            Applies the configuration to all connected APs.
<Cisco AP>     Enter the name of the Cisco AP

HTH

Rasika

****Pls rate all useful responses ****

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Best option is that you can use third party case to cover the AP. which will  hide the LED

Are you serious? It is just the LED which can be disable in the configuration (which other members already stated multiple times in this topic) :S

the LED indicators on the device is to quickly assess the device’s status.

Depending on the series, your access point may have a single Status LED indicator, or three indicators – Ethernet LED, Status LED, and Radio LED

So in my scenario I wont disable the LED. :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card