Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 2700 Series Access Point

Hi,

Anyone tried the new 2702i/e access point?

Is this an replacement for the 2602-series? with an upgrade to 802.11ac?

Does anyone know if this AP is supported for the WLC release 7.6.100?

//Jan-Erik

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I guess I should of tried to answer your question also. The 3700's and 2700's are the new generation AP's and are a direct replacement for the 3600's and 2600's.  There are some enhancements like AC built-in, but you can look at it like a direct replacement.

Please rate helpful post and Cisco Support Community will donate to Kiva

Scotty

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi Erik,

No this AP model is not supported on 7.6.100.0. I believe it will be supported on 8.x code expect to release mid year. This is an 802.11ac AP model without having optional module flexibility.

Here is the data sheet of that AP model

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-2700-series-access-point/datasheet-c78-730593.html

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses. Each time you rate a response Cisco will donate $1 to Kiva ****

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just to add, this also is the first to have two gig Ethernet ports that one can be used as a pass through port if needed. Vlan's is not yet a feature on this port when v8.0 gets released. 

Scotty

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I guess I should of tried to answer your question also. The 3700's and 2700's are the new generation AP's and are a direct replacement for the 3600's and 2600's.  There are some enhancements like AC built-in, but you can look at it like a direct replacement.

Scotty

-Scott

Hi Erik,

It's look like 7.6MR2 (going to be released shortly) is supporting this 2700 series AP. If you already having 7.6 you can requested this pre-7.6MR2 via TAC. below is the link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12160571/76mr2-availability

HTH

Rasika

Hi,

I got an replay from the Cisco Blog  regarding the new 2700 AP.

Here is the response to the release version.

It is supported with release 7.6.120.x or later.

http://blogs.cisco.com/wireless/ciscos-802-11ac-portfolio-expands-with-the-new-cisco-aironet-2700-ap/

Scott Johnson
Level 1
Level 1

What are the PoE out specs on the 2700's second gig eth port? 

Is this intended to operate like passthrough on the 1500 APs?

What are the PoE out specs on the 2700's second gig eth port? 

Currently, this passthrough port is designed to connect to another wired client like a PC or printer but NOT a wireless access point.  The current design means that the wired client will be in the same VLAN as the access point.  It will not provide PoE.  

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are some enhancements like AC built out.The 3700's and 2700's are the new generation AP's and are a direct replacement for the 3600's and 2600's.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: