Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 2800 client simultaneosly support

GPumasupa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a query about this topic "clients simultaneously support" for the Cisco AIR 2800.

I need my that my AP will support 500 clients simultaneously.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

if you have 500 clients to a single AP, what do you expect as throughput for a single client ? Do you think it is a good idea.

When it come to proper WiFi design, we are tying to limit number of devices (eg 20-30) connect to an AP in a typical deployment. High Density (like stadium) it may be different.

As a number, each radio can handle 200 clients , but you do not want that many clients connecting to given radio

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

if you have 500 clients to a single AP, what do you expect as throughput for a single client ? Do you think it is a good idea.

When it come to proper WiFi design, we are tying to limit number of devices (eg 20-30) connect to an AP in a typical deployment. High Density (like stadium) it may be different.

As a number, each radio can handle 200 clients , but you do not want that many clients connecting to given radio

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Thanks for the lesson :D

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Get a wireless site design right correctly.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card