Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 3502i Wireless Access Point AIR-CAP3502I-A-K9

humph
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've just recently won at auction 5 Cisco Aironet 3502i Wireless Access Point AIR-CAP3502I-A-K9. I have tried so hard to get any information about them with regard to getting them back to "factory mode" with no luck. They keep booting up with the promonent business which they were hired out to and won't let me console into them with the Cisco usb console cable I purchased. Can anyone please direct me to somewhere where I can get info to some how get them back to factory so can use them. I have rang the company that owned them , as they still had their stickers on them, 3 times. Each time they say some one will call you back from the technical department, but never do. I tried Cisco help, but the products are still licenced to "them" so I cannot get Cisco help either. I would appreciate any help or direction. Thanks in advance, Humph.

19 Replies 19

Try to factory reset the AP by using this guide below:

https://tom-bullock.com/2016/10/18/factory-reset-air-cap3502i-e-k9/

<<< Please help the community by marking useful posts helpful, or accept as a solution if it resolved your issue >>>

Yes I tried that before your post and I was able to see the AP boot process. It worked once, and I haven't been able to replicate it again. Which leads me to beleive I might have a faulty USB to Lan serial cable, which I just purchased couple of months ago, one of these ->DSD TECH SH-RJ45A USB to RJ45 Console Cable with FTDI Chip for Cisco NETGEAR Routers/Switches Support Windows Linux Mac OS<-

I just wrote to the company as they have a year warranty, so fingers crossed.

So I bought another USB to Lan serial Cisco cable from Amazon.

I Plugged the cable into the USB of my PC and it loadded it's driver sucessfully. I then plugged the Lan side into the Console hole of the AP. I opened PuTTy and set it up as per other how tow's on here. I pressed the mode button and plugged in the Lan cable from my POE switch into the Lan side of the AP. Waited for the RED led to start and released the mode switch with no result on the Putty.

I've tried releasing the mode button at different intervals from 5 sec to 15, 20 before the red led and still no difference.

Any ideas why it doesn't just post in Putty?

Humph

Hi Humph,

Glad to assist you on this matter. Here is what we did to fix your issue.

1. console session, speed set to 9600

2. Loaded autonomous image using mode button method

https://mrncciew.com/2013/12/13/ap-conversion-using-mode-button/ 

3. Apply simple autonomous AP config like below

conf t
hostname <AP_HOSTNAME>
!
dot11 ssid <SSID_NAME>
authentication open
authentication key-management wpa version 2
guest-mode
wpa-psk ascii <SSID_PASSWORD>
!
interface Dot11Radio0
encryption mode ciphers aes-ccm
ssid <SSID_NAME>
no shutdown
!
interface Dot11Radio1
channel width 40-above
encryption mode ciphers aes-ccm
ssid <SSID_NAME>
no shutdown
!
interface BVI1
ip address dhcp
!
end
write memory

If you need any assistance in future, pls post a thread here in this forum.

HTH

Rasika

Thank you so much Rasika,

Your help was invaluble. Ive them configured and up and running.

For the record and assistance of others who come across this post, the problem of my Cisco console cable not working ended up to be the incorrect Speed (baud) in PuTTy. I did read in apost somewhere here to configure the Speed at around 12600. It was wrong.

This PuTTy configuration worked for me :-

Serial line (What ever your USB number is that the USB side of the serial cable is in) which you can find out in device manager.

Speed (baud) 9600.  Data8.  Stop Bits 1.  Parity None.  Flow Control  Xon/Xoff.

Again thanks to Rasika.

Humph

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: