cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet client adapter 350 on IBM T40 with RedHat 8.0

mtinmaz
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to install Cisco Aironet client adapter 350 series on a IBM thinkpad R40 laptop running Redhat 8.0 linux kernel 2.4.20-28.8. I followed the installation procedure on cco, it compiled and

installed correctly after making the checks on libraries.

When I tried to run the client with '/opt/cisco/bin/acu &', I get

the following error and it hangs there:

/opt/cisco/bin/acu: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5: version 'GLIBCPP_3.2.2'

not found (required by /opt/cisco/bin/acu)

TAC says that linux is unsupported. I am hoping to get answer via this forum.

thanks,

mustafa

2 Replies 2

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

Find where the libstdc++ library is located (find / -name libstdc++.so.5)

Make sure that location is in your PATH (to test, manually add the path:

PATH=$PATH:/location/of/your/lib

export PATH

If you can't find libstdc++.so.5 then you may need to update either your gcc package (the compiler package include a new version of lidstdc++) or find the individual package and add it (from the RedHat or Fedora site).

Good Luck

Scott

Hi,

libstdc++.so.5 is present on /usr/lib.

I have put this location on LD_LIBRARY_PATH and also in /etc/ld.so.conf as well as ran ldconfig on it. This did not make any difference. It seems it is linking to the shared library, but does not like the glib version that this library is configured with. I'm afraid to upgrade the glib by itself because it can break the working gcc compiler leaving the system helpless - it happened to me before.

Do we have an older software that may work with GLIBCPP 3.2.2? I am also a cisco employee and probably get this software if we know that it exists:)

thanks,

mustafa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card